It is the year 2084. You control a secret organization charged with defending Earth from a brutal alien enemy. Build up your bases, prepare your soldiers, and lead them to victory in turn-based tactical combat.
This is the latest version of the free UFO: Alien Invasion game. This patch fixes lots of bugs and makes other changes.
* New menu for assigning weapons and shields to aircraft.
o New shields and weapons for aircraft (technologies).
* Changed soundcode to dynamic loadable sound drivers (see cvar snd_ref)
o SDL sound for windows is working.
o New arts sound driver for linux.
* Dedicated server for windows
* Improved tutorial.
* Updated translations.
* Aircraft selection on geoscape.
* Some research tweaks.
* Implemented the use of alien armor.
* Descriptions for
o Equipment/Armor/Kevlar Vest
o Research/Advanced Armor Fabrics
o Kerrblade (moved over to the alien side)
o Frag Grenade and Hellfire Canister (changed from incendiary grenade)
o Lots of others are finally in-game.
* New production system.
* Difficulty settings are now campaign dependent.
* Chat button for multiplayer on HUD
* Extended menu if statements.
* Interceptions (not fully implemented atm).
* Updated weapon stats.
* Updated particles.
* New models and their particles:
o Incendiary Rockets
o Plasma Grenade Shells
* Aliens equipped differently for different missions.
* A lot of new and needed sounds by Karen Pease (firstname.lastname@example.org -- remove qs to despammify)
* Soldiers, scientists, etc. are added at the end of each month by nations depending on their mood.
* Multiple ammo for the same weapon can be loaded and reloaded.
* Half-used clips are gathered and correctly accounted for.
* Lots of unnecessary ".0" in the GUI (relic of the abstract range units) are removed.
* New buildings for base view.
* New beta map (see also List of Maps)
* Buges fixed:
o #1545854 - After research is finished, Scientists go away
o #1544631 - Map terrain08d (access fixes)
o #1447434 fixed gamma for win32
o Fixed multiplayer.
o Fixed some bugs about wrong indices for multiplayer and savegame exchange (sort file lists)
o #1461639 Soldier equipment vanishes on mission retry