It could not have gone worse. After the devastating attack of the Reticulans in UFO: Aftermath, you only had fifty years of rest until they once again tried to eradicate the human race in UFO: Aftershock - and that time they succeeded. Only around ten thousand people survived this desperate war and only a few were allowed to remain on a station orbiting Earth. Most of the survivors were banished to Mars by the Reticulans.
The 1.6 patch. This is mainly a bug fix patch.
This zip file includes read_me listing changes and an installation upgrading the EXE file to version 1.6. This patch 1.6 includes the previous patch 1.5, so it's possible to patch 1.4 as well as 1.5 version.
This patch works only with DVD versions and isn't intended for online downloaded versions (Sprocket, Steam, etc.) (need to wait for the servers' release).
* It is recommended to start a new game after installing this patch
CHANGES SINCE VERSION 1.5
* Clicking on empty space when all vehicles were at the home base caused the game to lock up
* Completing a capture mission sometimes yielded a different interrogation research than expected or none at all
* Capture missions for Reticulan factions didn't appear again if you failed to complete those missions or if they timed out
* Matriarch Interrogation research item didn't show up in the research list until you researched Matriarch Autopsy first
* Beastman Anatomy training for Reticulans displayed a wrong icon
* Fixed a peacetime trade contract with Reticulans where they should have offered crystals for items, but only requested items without offering the crystals
* DVD check removed (no need to insert the DVD every time you play the game)