Due to technical difficulties, our announcement here is quite delayed from our postings on other sites, but we're glad to be ready to present it.
Version 0.2.3 Released!
3 months after 0.2.2, and here we are with a new version of Thrive!
We now have a Linux version (sources too), hosted on GitHub: Github.com
- We know the microbes still look like honeycombs, and we're working on fixing it (see this awesone prototype by Pat Owen) but it's pretty hard.
- The GUI is currently being put together, and so are sound effects. So, we're releasing again in a few weeks, as soon as those are ready, as a treat for you all :D
- We know the chloroplast button is missing -- the difficulty of adding new buttons is one big reason we're working on a complete GUI overhaul.
- All the features from the previous release
- Multiple AI species! Other types of microbe all swimming around, and it's easy for modders to add new ones too!
- Predation! Feed on the flesh of murdered microbes!
- Saving and loading microbes! Wanna share your latest and greatest creations? Well now you can send your friends more than just a screenshot!
- Mutation Points! Now making it slightly more annoying to make a giant microbe!
- Photosynthesis! A new Chloroplast organelle that converts CO2 from new CO2 emitters (and water, from our invisible water infini-emitters) into Glucose and Oxygen, for all your energy needs!
- Zooming in and out! Wanna keep an eye on the microbes spawning near you? Need more space to make ever-larger microbe monstrosities? Well, we've got the zoom for you!
- Point mouse to turn
- WASD to move around
- Mouse scrollwheel to zoom
- E to release toxins (if you have any)
- P in editor to place chloroplast
- ESC to bring up menu.
- F1 to toggle alternate reality (Debugging feature)
- ` to bring up console (Debugging feature)
- F2 to switch between microbe stage and microbe editor
- F4 to save your current gamestate
- F10 to load your previous saved gamestate.