Allows players to take sims to simulated locations of Egypt, France and China. Sims are able to engage in cultural activities depending on the location. In Egypt, sims can visit pyramids and take up snake-charming; in China, sims are able to launch fireworks as well as take up martial arts, and in France, sims can engage in nectar making.
The 2.3.33 incremental patch for The Sims 3: World Adventures. See file details for a list of changes.
Changes in this release:
* In-Game Store: Players may now access store content through the Buy Mode In-Game Store Browser.
* Mac Uninstaller. The Mac Uninstaller gives Mac players the option to easily uninstall all Sims 3 applications and content or expansion packs.
* Addressed a problem that could lead to a failed Error Code 16 save game.
* Added an auto recovery prompt to recover save games corrupted by the late “Error Code 16″ bug.
* The Sims™ 3 World Adventures music is now properly playing on all stereo channels.
* Fixed a hang that could occur when changing the active household.
* Sims’ lifespans are no longer altered when using the Change Appearance or Plan Outfit interactions.
* The “C” shortcut key now works when taking cell phone pictures.
* Food stored in fridges now spoils at the reduced rate.
* Fixed a bug that could cause mummies cured of their mummy status to retain the mummy walk style.
* Owned businesses now properly generate income again.
* The “Photog” photography skill challenge now properly rewards Sims with higher value photos.
* Keystone panels with inserted keystones can now be deleted in Build or Buy mode.
* Swimming Sims no longer walk on water after The Sims™ 3 is updated.
* Custom Music Favorites are no longer switched to French Music Favorites after updating.
* Improved the Favorite Music Cheat.
* All custom styles on the tomb door now can be saved to the bin and imported successfully.
* Sims no longer briefly appear in the T Pose when exiting a Scooter while running Speed 3.
* The background music track is no longer restarted when switching between Build and Buy Modes.
* The low detail Cypress Tree model has been refined.
* Addressed an issue where the inside of bowls appeared blue while Sims were mixing the contents.
* Mac: Improved stability of The Sims™ 3 running on an Nvidia 7300 Series.
* Made numerous text clarifications and spelling corrections.
* Addressed minor clipping that occurred when placing the Kenspa Scooter next to a bike rack.
* Relics now autosort into more distinct inventory categories.
* The Martial Arts Skill Journal entries now describe the rewards for completing each skill challenge.
* The Photography Skill Journal entries now describe the rewards for completing each skill challenge.
* Pagoda Roof selections are no longer available when the Auto-Roof option is enabled.
* Ghosts can now float into rooms with no doors.
* Task Progress Tracking has been extended to more applicable adventures.
* Players with Martial Artist Sims are now informed when the Train interaction becomes available.
* Relic names now include the type. (i.e. Red, Jade, Stone)
* Torch sound effects are now being emitted from the proper position.
* Hairstyles changed while traveling now persist upon returning home.
* Sims no longer wait indefinitely when their path is disturbed by a trap.
* The “A Little Experimentation” and “Even Better!” adventures now have unique requirements.
* Sims can no longer travel with Sims who are in jail.
* Fixed a minor error that occurred when building a room around a visiting NPC.
* Added a hint to indicate how to create a Player-Controlled Mummy.
* Estimated interaction duration for Sleep and Exercise interactions is now much more accurate.
* Player customized Inventory UI size persists after traveling.
* Interaction Option selections are now properly applied if selected before the interaction begins.
* Explorer NPCs now exist in France.
* “Delete Object” testing cheat has been added.
* Fireworks that are placed in tomb rooms can now be Put In Inventory.
* The “Veggies…Now” Adventure now specifically requires lettuce for completion.
* Relics not in the household’s collection have an increased drop rate.
* Tourist NPCs can now be impregnated.
* Mac: The Game Launcher no longer allows players to edit file extensions. This was a frequent cause of upload failures.
* The “Opening the Tomb of Necteaux” Adventure now has completion text.
* The “Deliver Painting to China” Opportunity completion requirements are now called out.
* Fixed a problem where, on some stages of adventures, the Adventure Tracker would be incorrect if the adventure was suspended, and resumed, after travel.
* NPCs who are involved in an Adventure are now immune from Story Progression.
* Mac: Fixed a crash that occurred when moving through the installer very quickly.
* Hitting Undo with the terrain paint eraser tool selected no longer automatically selects a terrain paint brush.
* Sims no longer lose the ingredients required to summon a mummy if the interaction fails.
* When unmarried Sims have a baby, an accurate relationship status is displayed in the relationship panel.
* Gnomes can now be live dragged on community lots.
* Eye of Horus placement has been improved.
* Pregnant Sims in labor can no longer be placed in adventure neighborhoods through Edit Town.
* Ghosts of adventure neighborhood locals can now be restored after bringing the local’s tombstone home.
* The player is now notified when a Sim in a foreign land dies of old age.
* When foreign Sims die of old age, their tombstone will now be properly placed in the mausoleum if the dead Sim met the necessary relationship requirements with a member of the active household.
* Trash piles are now properly reacted to after a lot containing the trash piles is exported and replaced through Edit in Game.
* Fixed a minor error that could occur if a visiting Sim was not greeted before they needed to leave.
* Fixed an uncommon problem where the game could crash while being quit.Fixed a crash that could occur after leveling extremely uneven terrain.
* Fixed an unlikely error that could occur if the player’s Sim was far from home when a foreign visitor arrived.
* Being in the Law Enforcement Career now has a better chance of triggering an Opportunity to learn the Martial Arts Skill.
* It is now much more realistic for players to complete the “A Priceless Bet” Opportunity.
* Fixed a rare problem that could reset a Sim while Watching Sims using the Snake Charming Basket.
* Tombstone epitaphs now persist after traveling.
* Custom paintings shared over the Exchange no longer lose their texture after reimporting the lots.
* Fixed a minor error that occurred when travelling with an urn in a Sim’s inventory.
* The “Get Tiberium” Opportunity now requires a more realistic amount of Tiberium.
* The Jog interaction no longer mocks poor, atrophied, player-controlled Mummies.
* Improved extended game session stability.
* Sims no longer cuddle with inappropriate partners in tents.
* There are now stricter relationship requirements for Woohooing with Sims in the Sarcophagus.
* Child Sims now have the Use Stairs interaction available.
* Mean Spirited Sims now “Freak Out” when reacting to danger.
* Repossessing objects in tombs no longer results in the creation of a placeholder object.
* The Wondrous Collection Moodlet duration no longer oscillates up and down.
* Addressed an issue where tombstones of foreign Sims would disappear from inventory upon returning to the foreign Sim’s home neighborhood.
* Mac: Added a safety precaution to prevent the launcher from running while being updated.
* Mummies now discuss the highs and lows of being a mummy.
* Mummies can no longer learn songs. Their vocal chords have deteriorated leaving them mute.
* Sims no longer retain minor side effects of being a Mummy after being cured.
* Undeletable walls can no longer be created in basements.
* The launcher now better indicates that World Adventures is required for World Adventures dependant custom content.
* Ghosts of Sims who expired from the Mummy’s Curse now display a proper particle aura.
* The clone cheat has been disabled on Sims and Walls.
* Mac: Multiple launcher windows can no longer be opened at the same time.
* Fixed a hang if the player opened the cheat console while rotating a lot in Edit in Game mode.
* Fixed an issue that could sever a Sim’s relationship with a pregnant ghost on traveling.
* Traps now properly import and export their visibility state. (hidden or visible)
* Improved long term stability when running at Speed 3 for extended periods of time.
* Playable ghosts can no longer get stuck wandering into a gender specific bathroom.
* Fixed a slow memory leak that occurred from traveling with different Sims.
* Relationships are now properly updated if a couple splits up while one of the pair is traveling.
* Players can no longer get their Sims stuck in unroutable areas by canceling long routes on the roads in China.
* Sims no longer have the chance of getting stuck when getting caught by hidden traps in the Tomb of Abu Simbel basement levels.
* Logic Processor tomb objects now retain all settings when getting exported and imported.
* Torch Wall Levers now animate when pulled.
* Aging cheats are now disabled in Travel Locales.
* Sims can no longer receive the Wish to Make Nectar using Onions.
* Fixed a minor error that could occur when burning mummies.
* Merchant NPCs are not generated if a Travel Locale does not contain a Market Venue.
* The map tag of a departing Sim no longer remains after the Sim leaves a Travel Locale.
* Multiple base camps can no longer be created in the same Travel Locale.
* The Chat on Bed interaction is no longer available for Sims in Tents.
* Addressed an issue where Sims could get stuck in the Sarcophagus if other Sims were lined up to use it.
* The Add to Active Family cheat will no longer allow more than 8 Sims to be added to a household. Households with over 8 Sims lead to game instability.
* The player is now informed if an Adventure is cancelled due to a different Sim interfering with quest requirements.
* The Adventure Tracker text for the “Deliver Pieces of Unsmelted Mercury” adventure has been clarified.
* Athletic Skill gain rate from sleeping in the Sarcophagus of Kings has been reduced.
* Objects in a hidden state no longer revert to a visible state when importing and exporting a lot.
* Cell phone pictures saved in a lot in the bin are no longer lost when updating.