Allows players to own and run their own businesses. The main change to the core game introduced by Open for Business is a new neighborhood type: the Shopping District, the default one being named Bluewater Village (which is also the name of a British shopping center). A number of Sims live here, such as a toymaking family, a woman who owns a home-based flower shop, a family bakery, and a rich tycoon who owns a nightclub and an electronics shop. Community lots are more flexible now, removing many of the gameplay restrictions that were present on them in the original game.
This patch brings The Sims 2: Open for Business to version 220.127.116.110. It makes lots of changes and fixes.
The Sims 2 Open for Business by Maxis - retail v18.104.22.1680 patch
The Sims 2 Open For Business CD Patch
Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch.
Please make sure you have your game CD's available during patch installation.
(Note: This patch is compatible for all languages)
Complete list of changes in v22.214.171.1240:
- Sims with final and class at the same time will no longer always miss final.
- Game will no longer lock out when traveling to a community lot from home in a car.
- Player is now reimbursed when using the "Move to Lots and Houses Bin" Tool on a business lot.
- Game will no longer crash when deleting half walls that were placed adjacent to a stage.
- Pop up message that occurs after receiving a promotion accurately lists new job title, responsibilities, etc.
- The proper number of dates are now displayed in the memory for "50 First Dates."
- Tilt, Spin, and Wobble will always restock properly.
- Game will not crash when entering EP2 lots after EP2 uninstalled.
- Servo's Do Chores function will no longer override the Free Will off setting.
- Visiting Sims will no longer get stuck after drinking lemonade.
- Bug preventing player from sometimes leaving owned community lot fixed.
- NPC visitors will no longer get stuck if the exit points on lot are on uneven terrain.
- Wholesale Discount Difference is accurately subtracted when toggling items "Not for Sale".
- Infinite OE no longer occurs when the Jacquets first visit J'Adore bakery after uninstalling EP2.
- Vampires do not keep vampire abilities after EP2 uninstalled
- Players now gain creativity skill by working DJ Booth on home businesses.
- Placeholder textures on vampires that results from uninstalling EP2 fixed.
- Fixed exploit that allowed players to receive aspiration point refund after using aspiration rewards.
- While playing the J'Adore Bakery, second Sim can now enter taxi while there is a fire.
- NPC Reporter can now purchase lemonade from the lemonade stand without error.
- Female Sims wearing baseball hats now have the proper colored pigtail.
- Asking fifth person to join water wiggler no longer affects gameplay.
- Fixed infinite Electrono Ticket Machine pop-up message that occurs when Sim buys previously owned home.
- Managerial Interactions properly identified in Readme.txt file.
- Social bunny can no longer be killed.
- The "Under Construction" sign will no longer show up on the Electrono Ticket Machine if the users cancels the "Close Business" interaction.
- Hanging objects will now display properly when placed over a stage.
- Fixed a reset that could occur while groups of Sims play poker.
- Prevented a crash that could occur when a Sim tried to restock an object from their shopping cart.
- Former Nightlife NPCs will now have hair after uninstalling Nightlife.
- Game will no longer go into triple speed upon driving onto Downtown lot.
- Change text warning when moving a house to catalog bin.
- Open for Business toddler hair styles now appear in Bodyshop.
- The game will no longer load indefinitely on lots that contained ReNuYuSenso Orbs prior to installing Open For Business.
- Removed Call Taxi option on Secret Society lots.
- The "New Wave" and "Shopping" wall speakers will now retain their proper music type after transitioning between lots (instead of reverting to Techno).
- Added Open for Business icon to skins uploaded to the community website.
- Fixed a timing issue where saving a lot just as a Sim is about to go home could render the Sim stuck on the lot indefinitely.
- Resolved an issue where the "Reach Top of Career" lifetime and power wants would fail to satisfy if strings were pulled for the top level promotion.
- The proper warning message is now displayed when moving University lots to the lots and houses bin.
- Fixed a rare timing issue that could cause Sims to get stuck on lots if saved after the "Go Home" interaction is cancelled.
- Fixed rare object error that occurred during elevator use.
- The Open for Business icon now appears on the proper content in Body Shop.
- Sims will no longer get stuck on an owned community lot when traveling to lot in an owned vehicle.
- Players will no longer be locked out of live mode upon returning to occupied owned community lot.
- Furious setting will now decrease over time so that Sims do not stay Furious forever.
- Deleting an employee work outfit and exiting lot without saving will no longer cause lots to disappear upon returning.