Hi! For now Steampunk Idle Spinner has been downloaded more than 250 000 times, and 3300 people have joined our facebook group! The game has 3 worlds: Workshop, Clockwork City and Floating Islands, which contain around 40 various steampunk machines, vehicles and contraptions.
Here's how the gameplay looks like now
Since recently I'm thinking of how will the new world look like. I'm ready to announce that this is going to be Assembly line world, where the coins will be produced, transported and upgraded. I've made several sketches which represent the expected gameplay mechanics. What do you think of it?
Any critique, suggestions, questions is appreciated!
About the expected timeframe. I have a very strict deadline: 31st Dec, when the games are accepted to Google Play contest and IMGA contest. I'm putting all my effort to make the world playable by then. Perhaps (as the contest jury first look at the visuals and then - to gameplay), I'll make a separate build with Assembly line only, and will submit and to the contest and show to you.
Also I want to test several new gameplay concepts in this world, which will then migrate to the big game.
1. Permanent upgrades. A much-requested feature, which will let the players spend narrativium to permanently boost some in-game parameters, like tap bonus, engines productivity, details discount, start money.
2. Player ranks. You will start as "Apprentice Mechanic", and then, depending on how big your steampunk contraption is, you'll proceed to "Engineer" or even "Sky Lord". Ranks will unlock more game features.
3. More real physics.Taking into account torque, friction, momentum, when calculating energy transfer through the chains of connected cogwheels.
4. More production chains: besides the streamline of coins, produced by one machine and gradually upgraded by the other machines in the assembly line, the same will be for machines fuel and substances, which increase the machine's production.
5. Enigma machine. Once a while it will produce a code, and if you break it, you'll get a significant reward, which is much bigger than for catching the gremlin.
6. Music machine. Sound is also a much-requested game feature. But I want to to just add sound, but to let the player build a music machine: specify tempo, notes, rhythm.
7. Cloud services: finally it's time to save the player's progress in the cloud and let the players compare their results in the leaderboards.
8. Besides I want to try to keep the previous world after the player exits it from the portal, and then transfer resources between the worlds.
All these additions will alter the game objects' structure and formats, so, some time is needed before making them public. But I will inform you of the gamedev progress and will update the current versions with new features and optimizations.