Hey, it's been a long time since my last news. But I can tell you that I have done a lot of things. It's finally a real game!
- You will now get experience points when you dig or kill an enemy.
- This experience points can be invested into new abilities which are necessary if you want to dig certain materials or build complex structures.
- Technology levels (middleage, 20th century technology, ...).
- Yes I have monsters now.
- They are dangerous day and night. If you want to wander around you have to fight your way through them
- The player starts in a save zone without any monsters
- You can finally die (fall damage, under water, monsters)
- At the moment the health regenerates automatically. I am thinking about whether I should change this.
- If you die you will drop a backpack with all your stuff. This can be collected later.
- Weapons: Simple stick, knife, sword and pistole.
- I have now fire effects.
- If you go into a forest particles are floating around.
- A huge amount of light sources with shadows can be placed into the landscape. The rendering quality is adjusted if you place too many lights.
- Sorry, no pickaxe, shovel any more! Instead I will add a system which is similar to pixel drawing programs.
The next step is to decide how the new version will be published. I applied to be published on Desura. I hope I will get an answer soon.
I also got an offer from a publisher to distribute my game world wide. But I didn't liked the conditions of the contract. So I declined because I want to stay independent. I am not doing this because of the money or such things. I am doing this because I like to program games!
I am also now on steam greenlight:
You can vote for me if you want.
And I made a GamePlay video:
This is a feature of the upcoming 0.2 release. If you want to download the current version just check out the following links:
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.