"I have chosen my destiny, and it lies here..." - Kyle Katarn It is five years after Kyle's victory over the seven dark Jedi. Invading Imperial forces advance upon a quiet Rebel outpost, interrupting Kyle's training of a brave new Jedi, Mara Jade. First introduced in Timothy Zahn's award-winning Star Wars novel, Heir to the Empire, Mara Jade blends her past experiences as a one time smuggler and Emperor's Hand with her apprenticeship as a Jedi Knight. Armed with four new weapons and five new Force powers, Mara must secure supplies desperately needed by the New Republic while Kyle, believing it a part of his destiny, pursues the secret treasures shrouded in an ancient Sith temple. Can the New Republic's boldest female Jedi protect the Rebel base, negotiate with Ka'Pa the Hutt, then ward off a phalanx of enemies? Will the ancient secrets of the Sith unleash new powers? Are Kyle and Mara strong enough to resist the temptations of the dark side, or will new entanglements seduce them?
The MotS version of the companion compilation pack for the JkGfxMod (version 0.0.10 at minimum) and the Jedi Knight Neural Upscale Texture Pack - features higher detail models from JKE, darthbabe96 and the JK community in addition to readjusted lightsabers and muzzle flashes.
MotS Graphical Extension Pack 0.10 (JkGfxMod)
- IMPORTANT! -
REQUIRES JKGFXMOD (version 0.0.10 at minimum - this mod has been tested with version 0.0.10):
REQUIRES MOTS UNOFFICIAL PATCH 2008-06-28:
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS -
More detailed installation instructions will be included at some point, but here's the quickest version:
1) Install MotS - the original CD version is required.
A NoCD patch for MotS is available on JKHub: Jkhub.net
2) Patch the original CD version of JKM.EXE to MotS Unofficial Patch 2008-06-28.
3) Install JkGfxMod (version 0.0.10 at minimum - this mod has been tested with version 0.0.10).
4) It is recommended to install the Jedi Knight Neural Upscale Texture pack, since MotS shares a lot of textures with JK:
5) Extract the contents of this 7z file (MOTSGFX2019-v010.7z) to your root MotS directory (e.g. C:\Games\Mysteries of the Sith).
6) Edit the "jkgm.json" file in your root MotS Directory as follows:
Change this line:
To this one:
- CREDITS -
* TreeMarmot/jdmclark for JkGfxMod and the Jedi Knight Neural Upscale Texture Pack
Original mod credits:
* Shred18 for Jedi Knight Enhanced (https://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-enhanced)
* darthbabe96 for his MotS Enhanced mod (this mod uses content from his mod's version 0.91 available on Jkhub.net) AND his Muzzle Flash mod for JK (http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=816)
Other model credits:
* HapSlash and INFINITY BLADE for the Imperial officers
* MotS mod for Jedi Academy for the Imperial Navy Troopers (replacing the Commandos)
* SMLiberator and darthbabe96 for other misc. models and model adjustments
* See the additional credits section on the bottom of this page for darthbabe96's original list of credits from MOTSE v. 0.91
Enormous help credits:
* SMLiberator (http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=381) for a lot of COG and other work to get this patch working on MotS, in addition to making the new sabers and helping me out with getting darthbabe96's muzzle flashes to work properly with JkGfxMod
- COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSIONS -
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY.
Authors MAY use this mod as a base to build additional mods provided that you give proper credit.
In case you want to try recompiling the emissive materials yourself (no technical support from FastGamerr):
Instructions for the above:
(Links valid as of 2019-05-11)
- ADDITIONAL CREDITS -
Shred18 For the rediculous amount of models
taken from his Jedi Knight Enhanced
mod. Also the Mara Jade and Darth
Vader models were converted by him
for various other projects.
DT85 from JKHub.org Luke Skywalker model for Multi-
player. Was all made by DT, Toshi,
Hapslash, and Raven from the
JKHub.org. Converted by Darthbabe96.
TK-962 from JKHub.org AT-AT Driver model for Jedi Out-
cast. Converted by Darthbabe96.
sea206 from tf3dm.com The base mesh I used for creating
the new Rebel Soldier. Not sure if
he was the one who created it or
just uploaded it, but it worked
Zen Studios The original build and textures of
the new Stormtrooper and Scout
Trooper models. They did a good job.
Converted by Darthbabe96.
- CHANGELOG -
* 0.10 (2019-05-11) Added emissive materials to JKE/MotSE textures