In Dark Forces, Kyle Katarn, a young mercenary successfully infiltrated the Empire. Jedi Knight continues the story of Katarn as he embarks on a quest into his past and learns the mysterious ways of the Jedi. With this knowledge, he must stop seven Dark Jedi from unlocking the powers of a hidden Jedi burial ground. This task forces Katarn to decide his destiny. If he chooses the Dark side, he will come into enormous power. If he chooses the Light side, he faces seemingly insurmountable evil. Whatever path Katarn chooses will change the face of the galaxy forever.
[OUTDATED] No more tech support, sorry. The 2013 unofficial patch for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (i.e. the TODOA TC patch) - now as a standalone release. No technical support provided by FastGamerr! Recommended for use with JKE. Enables new lightsabers and proper widescreen resolutions.
No more tech support, sorry.
JEDI KNIGHT 2013 PATCH (JK13)
Compiled by FastGamerr
Patch made by Xzero
* * * * *
THIS PATCH WILL OVERWRITE EXISTING DDRAW.DLL AND JK.DLL FILES!
THIS PATCH WILL EXTRACT CERTAIN FILES INTO YOUR JEDI KNIGHT\RESOURCE DIRECTORY THAT MAY OVERWRITE EXISTING FILES!
* * * * *
It is highly recommended to install JK13 on a fresh new install of Jedi Knight!
1#) Extract all the files from the 7z file onto your Jedi Knight directory (for instance C:\Games\Jedi Knight\).
2) Run JK13 Updater.exe in order to patch the ////ORIGINAL, UNPATCHED NON-STEAM/GOG/ETC. JK.EXE//// to the latest unofficially patched (i.e. TODOA TC) version of the executable.
If you have the Steam/GOG/etc. version of Jedi Knight, use the 'JKVersions.exe' tool available from the following address to retrieve the original JK.exe:
(Even though the patcher takes a backup of your existing JK.EXE, it doesn't hurt to take a backup of it before running the patcher.)
# = If you don't wish to extract the default font from TODOA TC, do not extract the 'ui' directory from the 7z file.
USE / DISTRIBUTION:
Authors MAY use this mod as a base to build additional mods, provide that you give credit to the original author XZERO.
And credit MUST be given.
This mod has been supplied with the default font from TODOA TC.
* If you don't want to use it:
1) Do not extract the 'ui' directory from the JK13 7z file
2) If you've already extracted the 'ui' directory from the 7z file, remove the msgfont.sft and msgfont16.sft files from your JK\Resource directory.
FOR EDITORS: ENABLING PROPERLY TRANSLUCENT LIGHTSABERS
Use the COG command " jkSetSaberFaceFlags(player, 0x2); " to make the JK13 lightsabers appear as they should (as in, not like a black box).
Take a look at JK13's kyle.cog for tips on where the command could be placed (usually under startup and newplayer), but for custom levels I recommend putting a separate cog that runs a continuous pulse with the said command in it (check darkjedi_saber.cog to see how it can be done).
* THE INCLUDED FILES ARE IN "BETA" STATE, SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THERE IS NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT PROVIDED BY FASTGAMERR!
* At the beginning of a level, your lightsaber can appear really thin (like a giant laser toothpick) due to the cog values used by the original JK sabers being different from the JK13 ones. Dying and respawning should fix this problem.
* If you die during the Dark Jedi battles and respawn, the enemy's lightsaber will not appear properly - looking more like a black box. This is because of the aforementioned COG issues, and each Dark Jedi level (or their COGs) should be modified manually to fix the issue.
* As JK13 uses a new custom kyle.cog, mod compatibility cannot be guaranteed.
* Xzero for GlowSaberX and the original update files - based on the Jedi Knight Unofficial Patches ( Jkhub.net )
Because of the millions of different hardware and software combinations possible with today's personal computers, under no circumstances including negligence shall FastGamerr or anyone else be held liable for any incidental, special, consequential or any other damages that may result from the use or inability to use this mod/add-on content.