In 1986, the world's worst nuclear disaster occurred at the Chernobyl power station. Soviet authorities established a 30km 'Exclusion Zone' around this nuclear wasteland, but in 2006 a second explosion rocked the stricken reactor, obliterating all living things and causing the Zone's boundaries to ripple outwards. From this epicenter came waves of mutated creatures, deadly radiation, and a strange, anomalous energy. The Zone was cordoned off by the military, who would shoot on sight anyone foolish enough to brave the horrors within.
This mod is a nice reskin of the SVD in the game to have a "gunpowder" style.
READ ME - INSTALL DIRECTIONS
Simply extract the zipped file into your main S.T.A.L.K.E.R. folder (usually X:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl). First time users of any STALKER mods may need to edit one "fsgame.ltx" line in Notepad to look like this:
$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\
[The assumption is you have the default directory structure. If not, then place and reference files according to your customized directory setup.]
Strelok's Silent SVD Sniper (9x39mm)
Visual modifications to SVD:
1. SVD reskinned in "GunPowder" style
2. SVD updated with the newer SVU sniper-style handguard/forward handgrip
3. added permanent silencer/suppressor
4. new scope lens added based on the original Trijicon TA31RCO-M4 ACOG (mod by WILDWING)
Features of Strelok's SVD:
1. Superb accuracy (but lower damage and range than w/standard SVD)
2. Firing modes: rapid single shot
3. Retrofitted to cheaper 9x39mm ammo
4. 15-round mag
4. Rebuilt with lighter alloys and polymers it enables increased mobility (running)
5. Suppressed sound: added unique suppressed sound
6. scope magnification adjusted to mid-to-long range (similar to Vintorez magnification)
(Fictitious) story behind this mod:
Rebuilt (by several weapons specialists in the Kiev area and an anonymous visitor from Izhevsk) with lighter metal alloys and plastic polymers, retrofitted for a cheaper 9x39mm round, and upgraded to the latest recoil-reduction technology, this suppressed sniper rifle is a perfect fit for a mid-range offensive tactical shooter. The increased fire rate, increased mobility, and superb accuracy of this sniper more than compensates for somewhat diminished range and "punch" compared to the standard SVD. Given to Strelok by Doc for no apparent reason.
Where to get it:
Strelok's Silent SVD Sniper can only be purchased at the first trader (Sidorovich). It's dirt-cheap too (1800 RU) since Sidorovich considers it a defective rifle not being able to load the standard SVD ammo.
"GunPowder Weapons Pack 2", is a continuation of the "Pack 1" and features reskinned:
- FN F2000
- HK MP5
- (Dragunov SVD - mentioned above as Strelok's Sniper)
- Nikonov AN-94 "Abakan"
1. enhanced weapons detail
2. gun-powder-like visual "feel"
3. AN-94 -- to bring out subtle features of this gun burried under it's dark surface a slightly different styling was used -- a mix of "GunPowder" and "BattleDirt" styling. Basically it looks like the gun just came out of a prolonged battle.
Hope you enjoy!