My Next Games
Based in Poland
March 14 2018
$11.24 - Steam
Soulblight is a dark, unforgiving, top-down action roguelike luring you to cross the thin line between good and evil. Instead of XP grinding, it introduces a Tainting Mechanics. While traveling through the shattered reality of the Sanctuary, you will receive personality traits based on your choices. These will be the main source of your strength. To harness them, you will have to act accordingly. Becoming an alcoholic means that you will be rewarded for getting drunk, but from that point being sober might prove to be unbearable.
We look back with nostalgia at our pen and paper RPG memories. Back then, gaining XP and leveling up was only part of the fun. The thing we were most excited about was actual role-playing. For a brief moment becoming a character with all their merits but also with all their flaws. Sometimes their shortcomings would stand in the way of solving a quest at hand making the game more difficult. But because of that the characters felt more alive and that’s why we wouldn’t have it any other way.
The situation with video games is different. For the most part players can’t miss an opportunity to get precious loot or XP knowing that the game will penalize them for it. That’s why no one expect players not to fight a giant spider just because their character might have arachnophobia. So if we want players to actually roleplay there needs to be a special mechanic that will encourage them to do so. That is how our Tainting Mechanic came to be.
- A unique Taint System designed to encourage role playing
- Tons of weapons, armor, and utility items
- Dynamic and tactical combat build around stamina management and distance control
- Optional stealth approach that complements fighting
- Randomly generated, visually breathtaking levels
- High difficulty level emphasized by permadeath mechanics
- Gameplay-driven narrative
Soulblight Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Soulblight Story Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "It was one of the few times where I felt I was truly “role-playing” a character and not just doing things for the possible reward. It was freeing in a way"
- Joseph Bradford, MMORPG
- "It is honestly AMAZING, worth checking out and I can’t wait to see how it will shape in the feature. If you want to support a game with a great potential well…this is the one!"
- Dionysis Spinos, Grab The Games
Steam Store Page
Steam Page store.steampowered.com/app/530930.
About My Next Games
We are a small indie studio based in Częstochowa, Poland with an ambition of creating unique, high quality games. Currently we’re working on our first project - Soulblight, a top-down roguelike/roguelite build around a literal meaning of RPG.
More information on My Next Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design, Code