Soldat is a fast paced 2d shooter. Don't let the lack of a third dimension get to you, because it's an action packed game drawing on the roots of many popular titles. Weapons are chosen in a Counter-Strike style, and range from modern automatics to sniper rifles. The landscapes and game style are vaguely Worms like, except everything is guns blazing real time instead of turn based. Soldat delivers in game play by packing five game modes from capture the flag to team death match. Maps can be created with the editor and new weapons and graphics can also be made along with interface changes.
The long wait is finally over! It's been over 2 years since the release of Soldat, and a lot has happened during that time. At the end of last year a new development team was assigned to take over the development of Soldat. Since then we've worked hard on fixing many bugs and adding many wanted features in Soldat. At first we were going to release the new version as Soldat 1.5.1, but over the months we've added so many new features and fixed so many bugs, that we decided it's appropriate to call the new version 1.6 instead.
Most important changes:
- Added new AntiCheat API
- Added Fuzzy Hashed HardwareIDs
- Added support for up to 8 mouse buttons
- Added support for widescreen resolutions
- Added teamspeak support to clientserver
- Added Option to disable rendering of background scenery for improving performance on low end ystems
- Added ingame Weapon Statistics for Registered players (Press F2)
- Added 3 new CTF maps: Campeche, Triumph, Scorpion
- Added 4 new HTF maps: Feast, Dorothy, Mossy, Tower
- Added 6 new INF maps: April, Belltower, Changeling, Motheaten, Warlock, Flute
Complete changelog can be found here: