Skylands: The Game is now available on Greenlight. Come vote for us!
Current development task
(22.2) Extend gameplay features and upload a gameplay video.
About the game
Skylands is a survival sandbox game. You're lost on a small group of islands.
With nothing more than a few items and tools you are forced to gather recources and build up your base to complete challenging quests.
- Build Mode: Build you own base.
- Crafting System: Merge items together and invent new tools.
- Quest: Complete quests and show that you are the best.
- Multiplayer: Play together with your friends.
- Building mode
- Inventory system
- Player movement and animations
- Game can be saved and loaded
- Components to gather recources
- Quest system
- More buildings and items
- Fix bugs and create a nice game experience
- All bugs fixed
- Randomly generated islands
- Mod support
this week was mainly focused on adding gameplay features and creating the gameplay trailer.
- Save and Load System
- Pickaxe + animations
- Ores (Iron, Copper)
- Electrical components
- Items and icons for the new things
- Furnace <- Still working on it
- Minor bugs which I saw while adding new things
Next week I want to finish the furnace and start developing the Loneland (more information soon) system. I think this will need the whole week because it is a big part of the game and I want to make it good. :)
If you have any suggestions to make a better game let me know in the comments below and don't forget to vote for us.
This is the first Dev-Blog of Skylands. In this Dev-Blogs I will try to give you an idea about what I have done in the last few days.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.