1. Will there be lore? Yes, there will be a very deep and touching story behind all this. We dare you to follow it.
2. Are there monsters? Yes, there are definitely monsters in the game, but they're alpha. So they will be improved a lot in the beta/full release.
3. Do you play as Emily or Damien? The main character which you control is Damien. Damien recieved a letter from Jane (his ill wife), requesting Damien to return home. In the age of Enlightement, it took a long time for messages to get their destination, they even got lost or mixed up. That is the beginning of our story. If you wish to read more, we advise you to visit our homepage.
4. Is the game going to be uber-scary but less based on the story or more like at a normalscare level but more based on the story? The game is going to be at a "normalscare" level in our opinion. But it will be based on the storyline for sure.
5. What are the system requirements for the game? We can't tell for sure yet, but these are our experiences so far:
- Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only)
- 2.0+ GHz processor
- 2 GB system RAM
- A graphics card with shader model 3.0 support.
- CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 3.2GHz
- RAM: 4Gb DDR3
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5600 series
- Average fps: 30-60 fps6.
6. What engine do you guys use? We use the Unreal Development Kit.
7. When is the patch expected to be released? We plan to release 2 patches in the nearby future. One hotfix, in this patch all the big bugs will be removed, like the gate bug. And the other patch is more of a polishment patch, we plan to release this patch a bit later, because it takes a lot of time to design and decorate all the empty buildings/rooms.
8. How much time did it take to develop Seek? Around one and a half years, we started fooling around in UDK and then suddenly our now, lead game designer, decided to start developing games.
9. How old are you guys? Our age-range is around 20-21 years.
10. How can this game be free?! Developing games is our passion, we love to do it in our spare time, if not whole day. But we plan on starting up a studio as you may have noticed, but we believe we need to impress people with our work before we can ask money for it.
11. When is the full game expected to be released? We aren't really sure yet, but it will be somewhere in 2015.