I figured it'd be the best time to announce that on this day, one year ago, I uploaded a game that I worked on for a week long game jam called the Midsummer Jam Week simply named, Secret of Escape. As such, this post is dedicated to showing how much I've progressed in a single year, and mention some of the significant changes made over time. A lot has changed from the day I decided to continue work on this game jam entry of mine.
Here's the list of updates from the last time I did an update post, which was December (so so sorry for the lack of updates):
- Level count is 33 (+4 additional gameplay screens)
- Graphics have been updated, new text fonts and CRT style shader.
- Replaced shadow casting system with official shadow caster plugin.
- Updated gamepad input to include analogue stick support on menus and gameplay.
- Multi-Touch controls implemented on menus and gameplay.
- Updated controls page.
Finally, as mentioned in the summary, yes Secret of Escape will be one of the ten indie games being shown at The Indie Zone, as part of the London Gaming & Anime Convention 2014 held at the Rocket Plex on 5th - 6th July. All those attending will get to play it, and Secret of Escape hasn't had a public appearance since October.
Thank you for your support over the year, I'm definitely planning on releasing this year, so stay tuned for more news.