Salvation Prophecy is a space epic. Four warring factions battle over control of the known galaxy. Space stations and planet colonies endure constant assault. You begin your journey as a soldier recruit. Through intense planet and space battle, your combat skills will be put to a grim test. Success is rewarded with powerful skills, combat gear, and ship upgrades, and you may rise in rank to become commander of your faction. Lurking in the dark recesses of the universe is a threat foreseen by an apocalyptic prophecy. A danger far greater than mankind's endless battles. The pursuit of the prophecy leads through distant alien worlds with deadly creatures and untold secrets. A chance for redemption, if only we find our way through that dark hour.
Overall a fun game. Glad I bought it.
* Some very good ideas.
* Art assets are nicely done.
* The progression and change in available gameplay is nice.
* Story is okay.
The not so good:
* Slow and unnecessary interactions and activities between real action.
* Not all art assets are appropriate for the entities they're representing.
* Insufficient feedback during FPS combat.
* Not all keys can be bound within the game.
* Poor performance in some areas.
* UI is cumbersome for most tasks.
* The various gameplay modes (FPS, RTS, space sim) do not feel finished or polished.
* Only a 32-bit executable.
Highest Rated (9 agree) 9/10
I've played through the game once, and I have to say it really exceeded my expectations. Although the game suffers a bit from repetition, I feel like it's really got a good tempo; let me explain what I mean by tempo. There's always something to do, and you're (until near the end) always getting stronger in some way. The best way I could describe it is to draw comparisons to Pirates!. New mission types are introduced at a reasonable pace and keep the game interesting. Maybe you'll start out doing…
Aug 3 2012 by Ysengrim