Based in United Kingdom
November 1 2017
$3.99 - Steam
A game of tranquillity through the art of matching cute characters in Ruya's world of dreams. Visit surrealist landscapes, decorate yourself in flowers and introspect. A calming minimal experience with juicy interactions and cool colour combinations to make you feel at ease. The ethereal dreamlike soundtrack will tickle your senses and pull you into a state of peaceful flow.
Ruya was founded in 2016 by Tom Andrews and Bradley Smith. After collaborating on freelance projects together, they teamed up to fully develop Shape the Mix: a prototype game Tom Andrews had developed at University. They began to develp their ideas and imagine what the prototype could be, focusing on mechanics as metaphor. That prototype later became Ruya.
Whilst juggling industry day jobs, they managed to develop Ruya at night - competing under the Tranzfuser graduate programme. With the help of Enrico Ercole and Gav Amante, the team managed to complete and pitch a prototype that secured them a place to showcase at EGX in Birmingham. It was at that event the team became Tranzfuser finalists and gained the opportunity to pitch to UK Games Fund. The team ventured up north to Edinburgh with a successful pitch that kick started their games studio.
The team have since showcased at a handful of events across the UK and even ventured to Singapore for the Casual Connect Indie Prize award.
The game would not have been possible without the support from the University of Suffolk Game Design tutors and The Eastern Enterprize Hub.
- Challenge yourself with 64 handcrafted puzzles. Swipe, slide, pop, and release cute characters to progress and unfold Ruya's memories.
- Decorate Ruya in flowers as you play, and shake them off at the end of each level to purify Ruya's mind.
- A heartwarming illustrated visual narrative that will have you smiling.
- Tweak binaural beats, allowing you to sink into a state of deep relaxation.
- The sound of rain, falling snow and whisling wind help to immerse you in 8 surrealist dreamscapes.
Ruya - Preview (iOS) YouTube
Ruya - Intro YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection 2017" Casual Connect Asia
- "Tranzfuser Finalist 2016" Tranzfuser
- "Funded by UK Games Talent 2016" UK Games Talent
- "Find a new level of calm in the atmospheric puzzler Ruya"
- Emily Sowden, Pocket Gamer
- "One of the most interesting mobile games at EGX"
- Ian Garstang, Gaming Debugged
Our original plushie maker fennellm.com.
Miracle Tea is a British independent game studio made up of Tom Andrews, Bradley Smith, Enrico and Gav Amante. They are based around Ipswich in Suffolk.
More information on MiracleTea, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Illustrator / Designer
Programmer / Developer
Sound Designer / Composer