Rage through 32 single player levels and 6 deathmatch levels of sheer terror and fully immersive sound and lighting. Arm yourself against the cannibalistic Ogre, fiendish Vore and indestructible Schambler using lethal nails, fierce Thunderbolts and abominable Rocket and Grenade Launchers.
It's a stable release of Quake Wrapper (QWrap). QWrap v0.7 uses Xash3D Engine v0.99 (build 4312 is included) to launch Quake game and its' mods. Quake itself is not included, you have to buy a copy of the game (from Steam, for example) to start using it with QWrap. Press "Read more..." for details.
How to use QWrap:
1. Create a new folder named "Quake" anywhere, e. g. "C:\Games\Quake".
2. Extract there the contents of QWrap_v0.7.7z (it's a 7-Zip archive file type).
3. Copy PAK0.PAK & PAK1.PAK files from "ID1" subfolder of your original Quake installation directory to "ID1" subfolder created after extracting of QWrap's files.
4. Start the game using QWrap's quake.exe application.
Quake mods installing for QWrap is very simple - just copy a mod's folder to the main QWrap's directory you've created. You can use "Options" menu to choose any installed mod from the list (instead of using command line). Console now works in QWrap automatically. Current version of QWrap should support any of existing mods for original Quake Engine (but not all of them tested in practice, so no real warranties), except those which were intended to work exclusively with forked engines like FTE or DarkPlaces (Nexuiz and such). Famous Arcane Dimensions is fully supported also!
Changes since the v0.6:
Revision 1 for v0.6 were caused by the update of Xash3D, but few things were changed in QWrap itself:
- fixed the parsing of temporary entities in Nehahra
- fixed the parsing of gameplay modes (deathmatch, coop)
Version 0.7 is kind of a final version of QWrap. All important features were implemented, so development is on halt now, until there will be a significant reason for updates. Technically v0.7 is aimed to bring a proper support of another great Quake mod, Nehahra, and for the mod-based movie The Seal of Nehahra:
- implemented fmod.dll, to support a music playback
- implemented all Nehahra-specific cvars to control the fog, water transparency and sky types
- menu remembers a last seen movie's episode (to continue from it next time)
- full support of Nehahra-specific menu entries