Project Zomboid the amazingly moddable, zombie infested creative sandbox has just released another standout feature for all you budding architects of the apocalypse.
The new creative mode in build 33 gives survivors the option to build their own houses, forts or even towns and cities with a innovative and simple to use editor, coupled with the ability to join forces and build with your online friends, you will never be alone in your creative endeavors again.
Here's what the devs have to say about build 33s release.
Creative Mode is something we first experimented with in the dim and distant past, but came back to mind when we were looking at the speed of our own map production and the tools that we use. The Louisville map we’re building is very ambitious so, alongside EasyPickins’ awesome existing mapping systems, we started to think about ways we could populate our world more quickly.
Furthermore, Creative Mode works completely in online multiplayer, so players can join forces to build an entire town on their server – before using it as a fun and engaging place to die from zombies. Split screen support isn’t currently coded, but will certainly be something we look into as we refine the system.
In terms of Build 33 – the first version of Creative Mode will cover only the essentials: containing basic house construction, furniture population, landscaping and so on. As we roll it out further, however, we’ll provide additional tools that will let you create neat road systems, sidewalks, gardens, fences, levels of erosion and all that fun stuff.
A stand out comment from the developers is the possibility in linking all user created maps so they are linked into one huge zombie infested world created by the players for the players.
Then if all servers have their own unique maps, who’s to say we couldn’t see about giving them an option to have their borders connected one day? With Build 33 the Zomboid infection will be easier to spread than ever before. Exciting times!
You can read the full release on the Project Zomboid Dev blog here.
Information on Build 22:
- Random character creation and save your character creation! (mod from BlindCoder)
- Added generators:
- You can find them in shed/generator, you can then take them and drag them near a house.
- You need to be an electrician or found the recipe book to use them.
- Once placed near a house, it doesn't work with player made safehouse yet, right click and plug it.
- You can now add fuel in them and then turn them on. It now provide electricity to surrounding area.
- The generator will deplete fuel and condition slowly, a bad condition generator could start a fire or even explode, be sure to fix them with electronics scraps! Oh, it also does a lot of noise...
- Added the tutorial, give it a try!
- Tooons of new items, more than 30!
- New Crafting UI
- Added ingredients list for evolved recipes
- Added recipes magazine (cooking, hunting, fishing)
- Put out fire!
- Zombies will wander to empty areas of the cell they're in once an hour. This has the effect of spreading zombies out throughout the cell they're in after they get grouped up by sounds. Zombies should never respawn in any buildings or fenced-off areas. The sandbox option "Zombies Respawn Percent" controls how many zombies respawn each interval. Zombies won't respawn in loaded parts of the map. The sandbox option "Zombies Respawn Interval" controls how often zombies respawn.