This is the changelog for build 302, listing changes since the last article of build 273. Check out this gif of a new weapon, the hammer, combined with a multiplicator charm.
Build 302 new additions include:
- added new weapon, the hammer
- added blob monster
- added online scoreboard
- added damage numbers
- added many new types of gore, gibs and particles
- added charms: rangers tooth, little flame, spark
- added new internal types of props (8x8, 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128)
- added new projectile mods: penetration, burning, physical
- modified shader to allow for gradient backgrounds
- modified outline shaders to adjust hue and brightness depending on background
- modified movement physics to feel more dynamic when many entities are at the same spot
- modified all weapons to behave as projectiles
- grass particle system now has a smart search system to perform better
- changed slowmotion to happen less often
- implemented recently hit detection for projectiles
- added projectileModSystem method to calculate damage after mods
- moved development to VC++2013
In this gif you can see a new weapon, the hammer. Its a ranged weapon that you can throw, and it can be affected by charms like all the other weapons. When hitting monsters, it triggers the physical charm effects. It has a base penetration modifier of 3 that can be increased by charms. New charms include a reflect multiplicator (rangers tooth), a burning damage charm (little flame) and a electric spark triggering charm (causes little sparks to swirl off and hit other enemies on physical damage).
Have a great weekend everyone!