Paddle Wars fans, rejoice, Prototype 3 version arrived! First, the best thing about it, is the shiny new trailer:
Now let's see the list of new good stuff on this version:
- Friction is back! No more balls going forever in the vertical axis...
- It is a bit more clear when you are about to die
- Again, we improved text rendering, soon we will have even smaller file-size as old pre-rendered texts are removed.
- Some minor graphical improvements.
- Fixed some minor bugs on the last level.
- Completely revamped high-score screen, that to boot is less buggy.
- After constant complaints, we made the game a bit easier (or, less impossible)
- Xaimus music (yep, those awesome tunes full of effects) no longer freeze the gameplay
- Actually, the new music engine, means that the game is much more stable
- Bullets no longer collide with the player randomly, causing strange behavior
- Options menu has more stuff on it.
First, the game now REALLY autosaves, if it crash (I hope it don't happen), or you lose electricity, or anything else nasty happen, you can fire-up the game again, press "resume game" and continue from the last level!
Second, a COMPLETELY NEW scoring system, that is WAAAAY cooler, and made the gameplay much more cool too, now there are reasons to do several cool things in the game, to reap several rewards... Also, this opened many strategy possibilities, there are now several ways to achieve high-scores, ranging from doing stuff carefully to destroying everything in the screen like a mad-man, please, share your strategies in the forum (here in IndieDB), and say your opinion, so we can balance the game better for you!
Also, I learned how to add those nifty "share" icons, please, click on them! :D