OreSome is a 2D strategy game about ore -- exploring space for it, fighting aliens for it, blowing up planets with it. Build a network of frames and bots to defeat your enemies -- or just throw a sun at them. In a dying, decrepit universe full of foes, build up your forces and mine your way to the top of the food chain to explore further and further out into the void. By the time you're ready, you'll be powering light speed jump drives with stars, building Death Star style super weapons with black holes and in charge of the largest scale mining operation ever known to man -- all working for one of humanity's least scrupulous corporations -- and there's a lot of competition.

Forum Thread
Alpha 0.58 Not so smart now, data brain... (Games : OreSome : Forum : Bug Reports : Alpha 0.58 Not so smart now, data brain...) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 3 2013 Anchor

First off, this is hard to replicate but has happened multiple times. After docking the brainer bot with a data brain, sometimes any connected bots will attempt to randomly spin or fly off in random directions, usually resulting in a game crash. Note that this is completely random and still happens when no enemies exist.

Edited by: sssuperguy

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

I take it this is with only OreSome corp bots? If there's any other details you can add, that'd be a help - I haven't been able to get it to happen yet.

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

I've only tried it with OreSome's bots. It's hard to add details as I generally avoid the databrain (not completely sure how to use it properly). Well, I'll try it another time and compare results.

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

I really need to make guides for both the databrain and command mode - they're big improvements in player control over the default and no one knows how to use them!

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

I haven't even heard of command mode... Hah XD
Same with the catapault superframe, I experimented with it for maybe 10 minutes yet I just couldn't make it work.
Last question... how does one get their ship so that all bots can fire at once? They just sit there and I can use one at a time (if I'm lucky) while the AI uses them all at the same time, sometimes looking like each bot is using its active ability at once.

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

Command mode is what you need - it lets you assign bots to hotkeys. 'T' enters it by default. 1-4 are the hotkeys to pick from. Right click assigns to those hotkeys while in command mode. I'll write up something clearer and more comprehensive at some point.

Catapult needs a blower bot attached with orange ore. Hold active ability and it pulls back, eventually it'll pull back enough to fire.

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

Ah, orange ore... that's what I missed. I was testing it because my powerlauncher apon powerlauncher idea didn't succeed and only shot a bot its default range.
Thanks for explaining Command mode, I'll test it soon.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.