New Homeland is a 2D Sandbox game and an original blend of various genres: Action, Adventure, Platformer, RPG, Management; all directly inspired by classics from the NES/DOS/SNES era. It features a 16 bits era general aesthetic with high quality pixel art and animations.
After 2 years of development, Hot Fudge Games announces its Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight campaigns for New Homeland, an original blend of various classics from the 8 & 16 bits era, the Sandbox genre and high quality pixel art.
"What if, back in the days, the classics were developed using today's technology?".
Over the last couple of months we have been fully focusing on getting this campaign nice and ready.
Obviously, and more than ever, we need your support and we count on you for spreading the word.
Thank you all IndieDB users and let's make this game a reality!
As its core, New Homeland stays true to the gameplay, the look and the feel of classics from the 8 & 16 bits era. It blends the fun and precise controls of a platform game, the epic journey in a huge world to explore of an action adventure game, the raw action and challenges of metroidvania's dungeons.
New Homeland also lives in the times and features a world that is fully interactive, dynamic and alive by incorporating a Life Simulation/City building aspect to the whole.
Moreover, the player is given a great freedom of action and growth integrating elements from a Sandbox/RPG game. You can be an adventurer, a warrior, a wizard, a craftsman, a hunter, a builder, a miner, a trader, a leader, a farmer...
- A 16 bits era general aesthetic with high quality pixel art and animations.
- A wide range of skills and roles: adventurer, warrior, wizard, craftsman, trader, leader, farmer.
- A living world with its own fauna, flora and peoples. Human beings have a personality, a daily routine, a job, they are organized and social.
- An engine and technology tailored to enhance the gameplay and fun.
- A wide variety of content: Lots of items to discover, buy and craft. All kinds of environments: overworld, underground, sea and sky. A meaningful list of enemies to fight, with specific behaviors, animations and patterns. Many dungeon types with all kinds of room designs. A whole lot of NPCs, quests, puzzles and secrets.
- Huge, daunting, funny, crazy, small, inhuman and challenging bosses!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.