Updates to both the Beta and Demo
Both the beta and demo versions have quite a few changes and fixes, including:
- Added version info to loading screen.
- Added code to make Stretch mode fill screen while in 800x450 mode.
- Added code to make recipes prefer cheaper ingredients first when manually executing, instead of just during quick recipes.
- Added small chance of random ammo to scavenge locations that had weapons but no ammo.
- Added code to make game restore resolution prefs on launch if using downloaded version or 1360 or lower.
- Added code to make encounters discharge items when used and appropriate.
- Added code to restrict encounter options from being chosen if required item is uncharged.
- Changed lure maneuver to be more useful and reliable.
- Changed create obstacle maneuver to be more useful and reliable.
- Changed crowbar attack to be more effective.
- Changed all scavenge encounter to accommodate night vision and light source ingredients, instead of items.
- Changed Allegan encounter to use ingredients where possible.
- Changed Isotope mine to use ingredients for dark cistern where appropriate.
- Changed Radiation Bob heal to use medkit-only with charges, rather than multiple items.
- Changed some code to improve performance and memory usage.
- Changed items to not be flagged as degradable if their degrade per use is 1.0 (e.g. water).
- Changed crafting to always produce 100% condition items if those items shouldn't normally degrade (e.g. ashes).
- Changed recipes and degraded versions of items with chance of ammo to be empty.
- Changed battle screen to use identified weapon names if appropriate for player, instead of always using unidentified names.
- Changed forest shack loot to always have at least one tool, instead of forest junk.
- Changed chances of scavenge accident in forest with botany to be lower.
- Fixed several recipes that were reversing into subcomponents instead of the items used to make them.
- Fixed a bug that caused camp items to leave conditions stuck on player after saving/loading.
- Fixed a bug that caused battles resulting from scavenges to only show one creature at first, even if more are there.
- Fixed a bug that would cause scavenge encounter to end without delivering any results.
- Fixed a bug that caused quick recipes to break.
- Fixed a bug that caused camp stats to update incorrectly when any camp had items added/removed.
- Fixed bug that caused fullscreen to exit when starting or continuing a game from the title screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused boots to appear on wrong feet when switching resolutions.
- Fixed bug that allowed shopping cart basket to be stored inside backpacks and other items.
- Fixed a bug that caused take/drop of camps to fade out unsocketed camp.
- Fixed a bug in the way AI switches attack modes, causing item to be in two slots simultaneously.
- Fixed a typo in the forest shack that caused giant piles of ammo to show up sometimes.
- Fixed inventory screen to hide inaccessible storage areas (e.g. hoodie pocket under tunic).
- Fixed a bug that caused reverse noise trap to sometimes contain soup.
After an exhausting day of smashing bandits with stones from a sling.
Updates to the Beta
In addition to the above shared changes, the beta has the following updates:
- Added paper scrap item to game.
- Added recipe for paper scraps from newspaper.
- Added guaranteed random ammo item to store each day.
- Added light source option in hidden lake basement.
- Added penalty for using cart basket as vehicle.
- Changed spear and arrow recipes to require springy/flexible properties, so wrenches and crowbars won't work.
- Changed forest resource loot to only have 1 large branch, instead of 3.
- Changed box cart and shopping cart items to fit inside crafting window.
- Changed shopping cart basket to only fit in vehicle slot (was causing UI overlap in hands).
- Changed sharpened and hardened spear recipes to be non-reversible.
- Changed all firearms to use strap wording instead of sling, to avoid ID exploit and confusion.
- Fixed boxcart degrade loot to use small strings instead of medium, to match recipe.
- Fixed greenwood bow recipe to produce greenwood bow instead of compound bow.
- Fixed a bug that caused quick recipes to be randomized after a save/load.
- Fixed a bug that produced soup outside of container in encounter reward.
- Fixed broken compound bow w/strap recipe.
- Fixed a bug that caused hiding and friendly greeting to abort isotope mine prematurely.
- Fixed typo in shotgun with sling recipe title.
- Fixed a bug that caused thrown weapons to report wrong attack mode when used.
- Fixed a bug that caused attack mode to change when weapon is thrown, but charges are still left.
Overall, the above changes (to both beta and demo) should make things quite a bit more reliable. We should see less crashes, fewer weird behaviors, and with any luck, even some performance improvements! Plus, quite a few content bugs should be fixed now, making recipes and encounters a bit better.
As always, I look forward to hearing any feedback you might have on the latest build. Enjoy!