An important part of Urban Wars is its extensive selection of weapons. Weapon attachments increases the versatility of weapons. There were two methods to bring weapon attachments into Urban Wars:
1. Create a new entity, which represents the weapon attachment, that follows a certain point on the weapon's .md3 model.
2. Add the weapon attachment directly in the .md3 and give an invisible texture to that particular part of the model when the attachment was not present.
Choice 2 is what I have decided to use as it doesn't require the creation of extra entities (which use up RAM to store variables a weapon attachment would not need)
Here is the SCAR H with several different combinations of attachments.
List of attachments that are possibilities for the game, that attachment's category, and the weapon types it will be available for.
- Red dot sight (Sights) (AR, BR, SMG)
- Laser sight (Sights) (AR, SMG, HG)
- ACOG Scope (Sights) (LMG, SR, BR)
- Vertical Grip (Under barrel) (AR, BR, SMG, LMG, SG)
- Grenade Launcher (Under barrel) (AR)
- Masterkey (Under barrel) (AR, BR)
- Bayonet (Barrel) (SG)
- Suppressor (Barrel) (AR, BR, SMG, HG)
- Compensator (Barrel) (AR, BR, SR)
- Bipod (Barrel) (SR)
- Shotgun Slugs (Ammo) (SG)
- Toxin Shell (Ammo) (SG)
- Incendiary Shells (Ammo) (SG)
- Dual Mags (Ammo) (AR, BR, SMG)
- Extended Mag (Ammo) (AR, BR, SMG, SR)
- Dual Wield (Other) (HG, MP)
- Pistol grip (Other) (SG)
- * When no attachment is chosen, the player will start out with extra ammo*
Weapon attachments will be selectable from the class selection menu in a multi-player game. They will all have their advantages and draw backs.