Migrate is a roguelike platformer inspired by bird memes. Eat fruit and worms, fight geese, scream, and hop spastically to the South Pole.
With all base features roughly implemented, Migrate's gameloop is now playable from start to finish. Playtest now and familiarize Lo with three of the fifteen planned areas, one boss, and one extra playable character. Find ridiculous easter eggs, break the game, and potentially be among the first to complete a run. Changelog in full description.
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to delete any save from previous versions (use the options menu on the title screen). Join our Discord to discuss this and future releases.
To install, simply unzip the folder and run Migrate.exe
This is an early Alpha build. Please keep in mind that:
- The current game state may not entirely reflect the finished demo (or game)
- Your save may become corrupted or unusually affected by further development
- You will die
- You will be a bird
- dn is up upside dn
WASD to move
Q/E or mouse left/mouse right - peck/slash. Your light or heavy attacks.
Z - interact/pickup
S - guard. Hit will damage stamina before they damage health.
C - hold for crafting window (drag and drop)
F - perform (move the mouse on each beat to select note, release to commit performance)
CTRL - modifier. Use to examine objects.
To use your inventory:
Click and drag. You can drop items, or drag them from chests. Right click for an expanded options menu. Middle click to either equip or use the item, depending on the item.
- Changed tutorial levels in accordance with tester feedback
- The level name blurb now behaves more appropriately while in town, reducing confusion
- NPCs will now give more relevant hints
- Edibles will now properly be consumed on middle-click
- Items will now behave more appropriately when duplicates are present
- Wisdom should no longer disappear forever and refuse to spawn after being dropped
- Still hunting glitched/ghost items, however these items should no longer break the game when present.
- Quest 1 is now always active. These fossils can be turned in to Pink in wormtown, or buried for plumage XP.
- Added a new universal trap - small, non-falling ceiling spikes
- Traps in the world are now a consistent source of resources. Remove the tile they rest on to destroy.
- Campfires, anvils, and trampolines can now be picked up (attack or mine the tile below) and relocated (middle click when in toolbelt to place)
- Harvest skills now regenerate faster after use.
- Improved character grounding. You should no longer be stuck falling when on the perfect edge of a tile.
- Made pidgeons more pudgey