A beat 'em up/platforming/fighting game hybrid with an electro style. You can smack guys, attach their parts and get their abilities!

Forum Thread
Update 10 (Games : Megabyte Punch : Forum : Errors/bugs : Update 10) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 20 2013 Anchor

When entering a new area through a doro door, the player keeps their orientation, which isn't really a problem. But it results in the following situation when entering stage 1 for example:

Imgur.com

And that's just a weird way to start a level :p

---

There's a empty text box in the inventory screen when highlighting the 'attach part' option as seen in the following screenshot:

Imgur.com

Parts text error:
Subprogram Arm 1
This entry (still) has an inconsistent empty line above the title "-shovel-".

Can be seen here:
Imgur.com

Feb 20 2013 Anchor

Thanks Ray,

1. That's a strange one we found out after we had the build ready, it's not game breaking so we kept it in for now :D
2. Not all parts have their "flavour" text yet, that's why there are some empty boxes.
3. You are unforgiving! We'll fix it ;)

Feb 21 2013 Anchor

Hey Tim, I introduced a couple of my friends to the game and they just as feverishly addicted as I am. They'll be around here soon as notthespy and anim8s4u. We've found a few bugs. notthespy has a graphical glitch that phases the background image past the foreground. Or so we think. He's encountered it in four or five places, most prominantly in the shop when slice dashing at the top. He's running windows 7 with , but it's not happening to me or my other friend, so it's just him (as I'm writing, he's discovered that standing in the corner of the house bottom left that it'll happen non-stop). Speaking of the shop, If you exit it before finishing level one, you end up at the heart core, and sometimes you don't end up at the right place when exiting the house either.

Most importantly, In the item storage, there's an item dupe bug. When coming out of the tutorial even after using the Hyper-Destructo-Cheat, I found that I had at least 8 of each of the two parts that you can get in there stored in my storage. I think the same goes for collecting any part, though I have yet to test it.

Thanks Tim!

Feb 21 2013 Anchor

Hmm that graphical glitch sounds like a hardware issue, it's a lame answer but he should try updating his graphical drivers etc.
I tried but I can't recreate this glitch here.

Currently there is actually one spawn location in each village or other scene. since we wanted to start at the heartcore in the first village that's where the spawn location is. This means like you said that if you enter the village again (after leaving the shop or your house) it will spawn your character at the heartcore. We are working on a system to have multiple spawn points throughout the village to let you go out the proper door.

The last point you mentioned isn't really a bug but a feature without the right feedback. You currently have unlimited quantities of the item you found. However to prevent a level from being flooded with parts you get from your collection the max you can carry in your inventory is set to 8 parts. I hope my explanation makes any sense :)

Feb 22 2013 Anchor

Alright. I was kinda thinking it may have been a feature, but I wasn't sure. That's good. My friend just told me that the 3 life bug still exists in tournament mode. He got it by going back and forth between adventure and fight modes. I think that's it for a while, at least I hope!

Feb 22 2013 Anchor

Ah that nasty 3 life bug, I can't recreate it by going back and forth between the modes...maybe he did something else between switching modes?

Feb 22 2013 Anchor

I just recreated the three life bug by doing the tournament (I did it without losing a life this time! :D), and then starting another tournament. Then I relaunched megabyte punch, and did it again. I have been using desura to play at the moment.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.