A technical demonstration of realistic liquid simulation for Minecraft, Liquid Cubed is a WIP project where you can build dams, pump water, drain lakes, and otherwise experiment with the liquid system within the building area. ------- The algorithm used for the liquid simulation was developed over two years by in a modified version of Infiniminer. After Minecraft's wild success, we thought it was about time we built a standalone "proof-of-concept" in the hope that the algorithm could be integrated within Minecraft, but unfortunately more work will have to be done before this can become a reality.

Forum Thread
Instant crash on run. [Windows 7] (Games : Liquid Cubed : Forum : Bugs and Suggestions : Instant crash on run. [Windows 7]) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 24 2011 Anchor

I have all the required packages to run LiquidCubed. It crashes with 'LiquidCubed has stopped working.' as soon as I run it.

pastebin.comREMOVEME/Ve7hKmab DXDIAG Log.

Please help? My card only has Pixel Shader 1.1, but I can run other XNA games (Such as my own) just fine on the 3.1 Framework.

[ZanMgt]Aaron
[ZanMgt]Aaron Creative Director
Feb 25 2011 Anchor

According to this: Intel.com , your video card should support Shader 2.0.

From what I can tell, it seems we're having problems with Windows Vista/7 PC's having DirectX11 installed using an on-board videocard.

We'll be switching to XNA 4.0 with the next version and that *might* resolve this crash-on-start issue.

Feb 25 2011 Anchor

From what I can see, you're using the built-in XNA rendering, correct?

In which case, it should work, as I have made a few games on the 3.1 framework that use the default libraries.

[ZanMgt]Aaron
[ZanMgt]Aaron Creative Director
Mar 1 2011 Anchor

Yes, XNA is being used.

After going over all of the code again, we have discovered the water shader is using pixel shader 3.0. We'll either move it down to 2.0 or have an override in the next update, it should work for you then. =)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.