Rise to the top of your own gang of thugs, and then take on the street’s top dog, the Kingpin. You wake up in a dumpster only to realize you’re now in a violent area where only the tough survive. Grab a lead pipe and prepare to make your way to the top of this urban nightmare.
Monkey Harris has released KPDED2 which allows you to run enhanced dedicated public Kingpin servers.
The kpded2.exe file just gets unzipped to your Kingpin folder.
When creating a server desktop shortcut you just replace the kingpin.exe with the kpded2.exe.
kpded2 fixes a number of bugs and security holes and also adds many new improvements.
The zipfile contains a very comprehensive readme which you will need to read and absorb all the information.
The readme does include some suggested Quick Start settings and most of the new default settings are fine so you wont need to change/add too many commands.
As well as fixing bugs and security holes, kpded2 adds a bunch of other improvements, including the following:
* A workaround for the Kingpin client's broken download support, to allow sounds and skies to be downloaded from the server. PAK files and other Game DLL specific files can also be downloaded from the server.
* Reduced bandwidth, memory and CPU usage. Very low CPU usage when idle mode is enabled by the Game DLL.
* Packet loss measurement and duplicate packet sending to reduce it.
* Message buffering to prevent overflows.
* Support for team info in server browsers.
* A new console window with command history on Windows ("-oldconsole" can be used in the command-line to enable the old style console window).
* A bunch of new config options and commands which you add to your server.cfg file.