Descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union. Just one month after the conclusion of the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding. Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together, paid for by Horzine, to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
Unique convoy level where the trader is located on a moving train car that is also the only viable source of light on the map. It keeps players moving together as a group and on the move.
Summary: Keep by the train, It is a dark world out there and it only gets darker the more you veer off the tracks. If the darkness or zeds don't get you, the gas will. Stay by the train, stay alive, kill some zeds and complete the mission.
- Moving Train with an Onboard Trader.
- Train starts at a random location at game start
- The train is the main source of light
- Able to get on top of train with ladders, but zeds can too!
- Multiple environments
- Always on the move gameplay in open outdoor areas.
- Damaging poison gas clouds around train keeps players from venturing too far
Notes: This map has been updated quite a bit since its first initial release with a lot of improvements such as:
- Train will stop if zeds are not close enough to the train
- If zeds are too far out they will be teleported near the train
- pathing method was scrapped and redone
- gas barriers keep players from wandering too far away
- Boss is spawned in front of the train
- Ability to get on top of train was added with ladders(blocking volume stairs)
- Randomized location start was added in.
- Zeds will only spawn in the area by the train and not across the map with some trigger volume kismet logic.