Happy New Year!
Today we showcase the ghost mode, an addition to the usual Play Mode in the first prototype.
In this mode, the AIs won’t notice the player anymore and just act on their own while the player turns into a ghost roaming around watching them. This is a good tool to inspect how the AIs work independently, especially how the kids grow and act differently after interacting with the player in the Play Mode.
Other improvements since the last update:
- More level work with expanded areas
- Add partitions, memos and other paper models
- Share more logic among characters
- Make the looters handle doors
- Improve the kids’ skeletal mesh and animations
- Improve the AIs’ movement
- Improve doors’ functionality
- Make receiving damage from the looters’ bat more realistic and consistent
- Make the main characters ragdoll when die
- Fix some level streaming issues
- Fix a minor freeze near the beginning of each play
- Fix some corner cases when detecting if we can shoot a looter
Stay tuned for more!
Follow us on Facebook.
p/s: everything is still wip, hence the dumb looters!