This time we’ve updated the game to the latest version of Unity (version 4.2) which have solved a few of our outstanding crash bugs and given us a slight performance increase on all platforms. But the big “maintenance” news is that due to the huge support we’ve received on Steam we’ve added a few more people to the team which will help us get more beefy updates out the door sooon!
Update #4 is planned for Friday next week (if everything goes according to our plans) and in this update we hope to bring you a new large outdoor map staged to simulate an atmospheric evacuation zone right at the heart of a moist swamp environment. We’ll also be working on an initial profile implementation for your combat training stats and maybe we’ll even throw in a small surprise from your subconscious...
Interstellar Marines on Steam
- UPDATED: game engine to Unity 4.2 (overall better performance)
- UPDATED: team with 2 new members (Reese and Necrosonic) and increased office map size
- UPDATED: game to default to fullscreen native resolution on first startup (possibly fixes "black screen on startup" bug?)
- UPDATED: OpenGL shadow filtering so shadows on OSX are just as pretty as Windows
- UPDATED: better shadow casting performance
- FIXED: GetThreadContext crash occurring on some Windows PCs
- REMOVED: temporary "game crashes on quit" hotfix
Keep the great feedback coming!
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software