Hello everyone! We are proud to release update 1.100 Winds of Change for The Hive.
We wanted to especially focus on adding features requested by the community.
Our plan was to update The Hive from Unity Engine 5.6.7 to 2019.1 version.
1.100 update remarks the biggest patch we have done for the game so far.
One of the most significant improvements was to rework the whole game interface and the addition of full 4k support.
Other major visual upgrade was converting the whole project to use linear color space, and the addition of new visual post processing effects.
Also, notable updates are the addition of two new Insectoid buildings, two new units for Chalatoi faction and all new visuals for Infected faction.
We also made all new spell and particle effects utilizing the now available tools.
You can now hide the game interface using (L) key, to take shiny screenshots.
The new population system, introduced along with the burrow building, now has a much higher maximum population of 200 (up from 40).
You start with 25 maximum population with a hive, but building a burrow will increase the cap by 35.
This is a complete re-write of the UI system to use the new Unity canvases.
It was required to get 4K support.
We added a way to hide your UI with a keybind (default is L) that can be rebound in the new settings interface.
You can also press the highres screenshot button (default Alt+P) to take a 4K screenshot.
* 4K resolution support
* A large amount of UI images were redone at a higher resolution
* Completely redesigned settings controls section
* Unlimited inventory space
* Item stats now have highlight colours for positive/negative effects
* New health bar effects
* Bosses and buildings now have larger health bars
* Dialog subtitles now show who is talking, with matching colours
* Objectives are now prettier
* Units that have to be unlocked are now shown in grey, and tell where they can be unlocked from
* New building queue shows how many units you have in queue past 4
* Selecting chests, fishing spots, or mineral veins now shows a hint about how to harvest them
* Chests, fishing spots, and mineral veins now have portraits
* The final boss' protective bubble button now has a cool new glow around it
* Game engine is updated from 32 bit to support 64 bit operating systems
Best of wishes
The Hive releases new content update 0.06 "The Ancient Waterway" Talk about the new A.I system and what's new to the game this time.
Tomb of Ara'desh, Linux and Mac versions are available now! The new update adds more content for players.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.