Version 1.007 of Gratuitous Tank Battles has now been released to people who pre-ordered and are enjoying the pre-release beta build. As usual there are a whole host of tweaks and improvements under-the-hood, but the most notable fixes and changes are...
1) Crash relating to too much muzzle smoke is fixed.
2) Missile moduels now have an increased minimum range, to make them les of an overpowered choice.
3) The 'shaders' option has been replaced by a more helpful 'distortion effects' option
4) Fixed some display glitches with yellow screens.
5) A lot more detail is now drawn on a bunch of in game turrets, such as extra props placed around the base of them, and also a ground 'splat' that blends them into the eath.
There have been some general frame-rate performance changes as well. The game is currently in beta, but will be released soon, and pre-order customers buying direct from the developer will get a steam key once they become available.