For the past few weeks we have been working on weekly updates for the game correcting bugs, adding features to make the player experience the best possible, while integrating community feedback and correcting bugs. We still have about 3 weeks work before going into beta, where we'll be inviting players to join us in testing the final stages of the game.
Fray in the press:
We also started having some press hands on and we are getting the first previews of the game. Gamers Nexus made an extensive piece on the game here and also made a great video preview:
Another preview was posted up on RTS Guru, that you can read here.
Reading quotes like "Overall, Fray is shaping up to be one to watch on the tactical squad-based combat front. The developers set out to make turn-based combat challenging, yet fun and fast-paced." makes us really happy as developers as that is exactly what we are aiming for :)
About Fray's Alpha progress:
The game is shaping up really well, with 0.6 just around the corner that will add 4 player support. A lot of things have changed since the first release a few weeks ago and mostly for the best. Here is a list of things that have changed, fixed, or were updated:
- Fullscreen mode can now be activated in the settings menu.
- Names and Descriptions on all maps.
- Screen resolution and V-Synccan now be changed in the setting menu (up to 1080p).
- Redisgned Maps.
- Hit effects when Characters are hit by weapons.
- Trailshots for most weapons in the game (some are temporary).
- Fires and Smoke to the environment
- The proper weapon models for the SolZero an.d for the HF Rodriguez.
- Turns Left Countdown at the top of the screen.
- Version control at the beginning of the game.
And those are just the additional features, with the list of tweaks and corrections being 3 times as long.We will be introducing new environments and the experience system very soon, and after a brief period of testing will mark the launch of the Beta.
Regarding the Win32 issues, we have been working on this very hard in the past few weeks and should have a working version for those with 32 bit OS in the next few builds.
Thanks for your support!