In F.E.A.R An unidentified paramilitary force infiltrates a multi-billion dollar aerospace compound, taking hostages but issuing no demands. The government responds by sending in special forces, but loses contact as an eerie signal interrupts radio communications. When the interference subsides moments later, the team has been obliterated.
This release elevates the game to version 1.02, by adding brand new Asylum multiplayer map along with preparations for the upcoming SDK/mod tools.
F.E.A.R. by Monolith Productions - US retail v1.02 patch
This update contains the following:
- Adds a new Multiplayer Map (Asylum).
- Fixes minor issues within localized versions of F.E.A.R.
- Pre-patches the game in preparation for the release of the F.E.A.R. SDK/ Mod tools.
- Fixed a problem where players could fall under the map after pressing ESC while climbing a ladder.
- Fixed a bug where water FX would play where there was no water in the "Heavy Resistance" level.
- Fixed the Game Type filter on the server browser screen.
- Fixed broken ladder animations.
- Spectator "Fly" mode now works as intended.
- SlowMo Score Time is now reported through the in-game server browser for SlowMo CTF games.
- Fixed a problem where players would sometimes spawn into Team Elimination games as a neutral player.
- Team Eliminmation servers will no longer advance to the next round if you are the first to join and then switch teams.
- Dead players will no longer win the round in Elimination game types if they have the highest score when time runs out.
- The score tally on the HUD now works properly in all Elimination game types.
- Remote clients can no longer log into SCMD on hosted games as original intended. SCMD still works as before on dedicated servers.
- The weapon of the player you are watching will no longer appear on the screen when using the "Follow" spectator mode.
- Fixed problem with grenades getting stuck on or bouncing off of breakable windows in certain levels.
- Further optimized performance and fixed minor lighting and art bugs in the Streets CTF level.