Jack Carver is cursing the day he ever came to this island. A week ago Valerie, a brash newspaper reporter, offered him an incredible sum of cash to sail her to this unspoiled paradise; but shortly after docking he was greeted by artillery fire from a mysterious militia group swarming over the island. With his boat destroyed, his money gone, and Valerie suddenly missing, Jack now finds himself facing an army of mercenaries amidst the wilds of the island with nothing but a gun and his wits to help him survive. And the further he pushes into the lush jungle canopy, the stranger things become...
The v1.40 Cumulative Patch updates Far Cry from v1.0
Patch 1.4 change log
* This patch supports 32 bit only.
* Added remakes of assault maps (Project FiXit).
* Closed several security holes.
* Joypad support has been added.
* Several console commands have been deactivated and are only available in DEVMODE.
Multiplayer General changes
* Added automatic kicking of team killers for violating default limit (integrated with PunkBuster).
* Added broadcasting and spawn messaging capability.
* Added central red-dot to the scope of the sniper rifle.
* Added command allowing gameplay to commence at any specific flag point for training.
* Added first person spectator view, however it is considered beta and will not be officially supported.
* Added GUI buttons for players to easily vote.
* Added GUI voting panel to initiate votes for map changes and kicking players.
* Added ingame server administrator panel for real time GUI admin capability.
* Added ingame text flood kicking (integrated with PunkBuster).
* Added IP and server name to scoreboard.
* Added a Join server by IP function.
* Added a disable voting option.
* Added option to remove enemy nametags from crosshairs.
* Added team kill punish and forgive system.
* Fixed "CD Key In Use" issue with automatic server kick.
* Fixed binocular/sniper rifle bug.
* Fixed bug in mp_airstrip which lead to a server crash.
* Fixed bug where players were missing their scoreboard (getting refreshed automatically now).
* Fixed gameplay issues on mp_jungle.
* Fixed grenade bug.
* Fixed scoreboard, it now properly displays ping.
* Inflatable boat can sustain an increased amount of damage.
* Server browser list updated for easy navigation. Many filters and a favourite server section added as well.