Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland.
This mod overhauls the NCR for Fallout: New Vegas and features the following: -- It completely does away with the old NCR appearance and replaces all old armors with new, high-quality armors. -- It adds variety to the NCR with new classes added to the level lists (heavy gunner, sniper, demolition, communications) -- It gives 30 of the most important NCR npcs a new, custom appearance. Many of them also have unique outfits. Please see the screenshots for a list of all affected NPCs.
What You Need to Know About this Mod :
1. This mod is not for old computers. This mod assumes you are using a computer capable of running modern games. The armors feature many high-res textures in order to bring New Vegas a more modern visual appearance. The 723mb file size should give you an idea of what you're getting yourself into if you choose to use this.
2. This mod may conflict with other mods that overhaul NPCs such as Fallout Character Overhaul or New Vegas Redesigned. As long as you run this mod near the end of you load order though, you should be fine.
3. This mod, like my Trooper Overhaul on the Nexus, does not change the Ranger Patrol or Ranger Combat armors. The designs of these are simply too iconic to the game to change imo. I suggest using ADAM to improve these models.
4. This mod by default uses Breeze bodies, but also has a Vanilla body patch. There is currently no Roberts patch.
5. A hand-held pipboy replacer is recommended if you want to wear the armors yourself.
6. Dropped items will have the old, vanilla appearance. Pipboy icons are unchanged.
7. If you encounter bugs, please report them. There's been a fair amount of testing on this, but the game uses the NCR so much it is impossible to test it extensively enough to declare the mod bug-free.
Why Did you Choose this Aesthetic ? :
To me, the NCR always looked too warm. It's a running joke with the game that they constantly say "patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter," but whyyyy then did they never take off their scarves, unbutton their shirts, or roll up their sleeves?
Even with the Frontier, the NCR armors are essentially retextured to a snowy environment and they look fine! The soldiers are already bundled up. Well holy shit. Why doesn't the NCR wear something appropriate for the desert?!?
The look of the armors in this mod draws upon a basic WW2 theme with elements mixed in Vietnam. Many of the armors expose skin and allow the character to look like they are making an attempt at not burning alive in the desert sun.
Some people commented on my early screens of the outfits with shorts that they don't look too cool. Truth be told, I agree! But there is another "cool" we should be thinking about. Trooper uniforms aren't meant to look cool but they aremeant to be practical. So, you'll see some troopers in shorts. Please refrain from calling them a dork and remember it's probably hotter than balls outside.