SUPER SUPER EARLY version of End of Days. Still solidifying the mechanics and how to present the controls to the player and whatnot. There are bugs, I assure you.
YOU MUST OPEN, CLOSE, AND REOPEN THE GAME FOR IT TO WORK> THIS IS A BUG WITH UNREAL ENGINE AND I'VE CONTACTED EPIC.
The Shooting Range is a tutorial map and the Facility in the Woods is a survival game mode. The safe house is eventually going to be a lobby and where you put your rewards and unlocks.
All Guns are mechanical so you have you manually operate them (load mags, pull slides, drop mags, etc.)
There is an ammo belt and holster on your waist. There are also a holsters on your back and chest for main weapons and knives respectively.
There are different movement options in the menu.
- Changed Fire effects
- Updated Attachment meshes
- Added Exploding barrels
- Added Wave counter on wrist UI
- Fixed Safe House Scale
LIST OF KNOWN BUGS AND ERRORS
- Need to close and reopen game on first launch
No door to the zombies in the shooting range -> Added doorways, but they aren't playing nice with the nav mesh. Need to investigate.
- Two handed grip of shotgun may cause internal bullet collision
- Bow has floating faces near the ends
- Wand fireball occasionally does not collide with the floor
- Attachment spawners in survival map sometimes spawn ammo clips? (yeah I have no clue either)
- Buying the sword doesn’t immediately attach to player hand
Menu button doesn't close menu -> Temporary close button added to menu
- Pistol accuracy is too low on the z- axis -> meant to be a short range weapon anyway
Wand fire particle effect has smoke move in unison
- Certain areas of survival map cause zombies to not “see” you -> keep moving and they will see you
- Sometimes can’t grab clip from ammo belt -> if you move you will be able to grab from you belt
- Lighting probably too dark
Flashlight doesn’t cast light far enough
- I know that isn’t how a scope goes on an AK47 -> still need to create mounting bracket
Attachments are still highpoly meshes Only The Iron sights need to be updated
- Melee weapons don’t break bottles
Safe house map is huge compared to player scale
- Lighting of controls diagram in safe house map is too bright
NO QUIT BUTTON ON MENU
One menu selection highlights white instead of red
Steam API may not function correctly -> There’s actually no recent documentation on this and the app ID is still for development, not the official ID
- If you reload your gun too close to your ammo belt you might store an empty mag -> check how many bullets are left on the side of it