Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build mighty ships, menacing space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and the allegedly empty space! Fight human, alien and biological hazards and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers - on your own or with your friends.
The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. Empyrion is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.
Detailed Game Features:
An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: warp between planets, fly from planet to moons, land on planets and freely walk around to explore your surroundings. Discover the secrets of the Aliens and tangle with the native fauna and flora. A sandbox full of different, vivid planets waiting for you to explore!
The solar system is procedurally generated and features several planets and POIs. Each planet has its own characteristics (planet type, gravity, atmosphere, number of moons, terrain, surface, vegetation, climate, and resources).
Build large capital vessels, small fighters or exceptional space and planetary bases by yourself - or download a blueprint from the Steam Workshop and customize it with your very own ideas of form and function!
Get out of your escape pod, grab what's left from your ship and prepare to survive in a hostile environment. Food and oxygen are rare, resources are scarce, ammo is low and dangers lurk around each and every corner. Keep your eyes open. You need to be well prepared if you want to survive more than a day on an alien planet far away from Earth.
Just build and make your crazy dreams come true, without having to bother with food, resources or enemies. Join the Creative Community and upload your creations to the Steam Workshop!
Play as a lone wolf in singleplayer or join the multiplayer community: Make yourself a comfortable home in a well-protected PvE area or pick up some friends, head out and beat the permanent dangers of PvP planets to ransack their riches or conquer the solar system with your faction.
Don't get mislead by the peaceful fauna of some planets and the silence in space. Most of the animal wildlife wants to snack on your leg - and aggressive robot drones, alien soldiers and their guardians will try to hunt you down as soon as you are within sight. Watch your six and deploy a range of weapons for your defence.
For building and construction, you need to gather and mine resources. Dig down to the rich deposits of a planet or drill through an asteroid full of rare ore. You might also plunder alien buildings or scrap any structure you come across.
Learn how to combine resources and building materials to craft your equipment. Craft your stuff in your base or while you are on the move and equip your buildings and vessels with a range of different devices, weapons and gadgets for different purposes.
Grow your own vegetables and fruits or hunt creatures for their meat to prepare yourself a delicious meal. Some plants help to create medical supplies while others can be picked up and consumed for first aid or to quickly settle your empty stomach.
Do whatever you want - and gain experience points for doing so! Scrap that old stuff and use the points to unlock those shiny new devices in the Techtree.
Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain: flatten it for your planetary station, dig holes to find resources or build a tunnel system to protect yourself. Empyrion is a true sandbox game!
Hi Galactic Survivalists!
We are thrilled to release Alpha 10.5 to the public today! This update does not only contain a LOT of bug fixes but we also dedicated a lot of our time to some major (multiplayer) optimizations! The first pass of these changes should allow for a more fluid gameplay experience, especially in combat. We have implemented a few new methods on how data and events are handled and would like to have your feedback on how things have improved. Please use the feedback thread pinned in the feedback forum!
Besides bug fixes and optimizations, Alpha 10.5 has a lot to offer: The orbital planet view is now a real 3D Mesh, showing also terrain heights and other specialities. The Talon will no longer ignore you and also have their own Base Attack. If you ever wanted to toy around with floating text messages and signs, you now can do that with the new LCD Projector device. In the same context, we improved the LCD panel creativity options, which now are offering a slew of sprites, icons, signs and a lot of formatting options for your creative all-out art attack (also available for the projector, of course).
Last, but not least, beyond a heap of other changes, optimizations and updates, our Builders League has set its hand on various POIs and also added several new ones. Large and small orbital bases, mining facilities, artifact sites and many more are waiting for you. If you are around on a snow planet, check out the new Rados bases - they might now be covered with snow, but they are even better prepared to give you a warm welcome.
As always, before giving feedback, read the changelog below and give Alpha 10.5 a try. Then, please head over to our feedback forum and let us know what you think: Empyriononline.com
If you run into any issue - or if you reported an issue in the experimental phase that does not seem to be fixed - please add your bug report to our bug report forum. There is also a description on how to set up a bug report, so the QA team can track it and work on your issues.
Without further ado: Have fun playing Alpha 10.5! :)
Empyrion Dev Team
CHANGELOG: Alpha 10.5 (Build 2646)
- Dedicated server now calculates planets instead of playfield server, planets are now calculated on demand and not all at startup. This prepares the way for solar systems and infinite space.
- Significantly improved internal network communication. This should result in more fluid experience (less lags, less kicks etc in multiplayer).
- Added interpolation of entities to reduce rubber banding
- Binarizing playfield yaml files to improve loading and networking time when the game is loaded a 2nd time
- Optimized dedicated server and playfield server: now using memory pools for the network connection to avoid heap garbage and defragmentation
- Changing terrain blocks will now be sent only to the clients that are around the changed area. Should improve drilling performance in MP a lot
- No voxel terrain chunks are built if flying above 700 meters
- Set EAC packages to unreliable/unordered. This might result in less player kicks when there is a lot of network traffic
- Turret rotation update rate is set to two updates per second and sent on unreliable channel to relief network channel
2. Improved Planet Outside View (3D mesh, better atmosphere etc)
- Planet 3D view now using AtmosphereColor from playfield.yaml
- Planet 3D view: now using clouds color to color the clouds (color gets brightened a bit) and using atmosphere color for atmosphere (for savegames builds < 2600 the color gets brightened, please adjust your scenarios before you start new savegames)
- Deactivated local clouds when leaving/entering a planet and also deactivated atmosphere fire on ships
- Updated atmosphere colors on all playfields
- Planet 3D view: not showing clouds if playfield yaml has exactly one weather 'Clear'
- Planet 3D view: added normal map to clouds
3. Improved LCD Panels
- Added LCD Projector block (can be found in LCD Group) - a projector has no own screen but projects the content into the surrounding area (with configurable size and offset)
- Newly placed signs will by default use the “new mode" that allows multi-color text and sprites
- note that some international character sets are not yet available (e.g. East Asian characters), if you need them please use the Legacy mode (works exactly as before)
- Extended 'Sign Edit' window by font symbol and sprite selection windows (sprites only usable with new LCD mode)
- Added 'Help' button to show the new formatting possibilities
- Added tooltips to most UI elements to indicate functionality
4. Talon Base Attack
- We added a new base attack for the Talon faction: they will not invade your base but they position around your base and will deactivate the power of your base so you have to get out of your base to hunt them down
5. Improved Controller Support
- Several improvements for the handling of the controller
- Added an option to turn in game controller support on & off
- D-Pad down to work with inventory to move stack in one click
- Added Logistics and Factions to the radial menu accessed by controllers
- Added a way for a controller to enlarge & shrink the sensor detection area in sensor view mode
- Added 'Building tools' to the radial menu for controllers
6. Improved ModApi
- ModApi has been enhanced by some new functionality, other things have been changed
- please check the "Changelog" included in the documentation's start page (in folder Content/Extras/Modding Doc)
Major POI Update:
- Reworked Drone Bases (now have a one-time shield that does not regenerate when brought down)
- Added shield generator to more POIs
- Added specifically designed Rados SNOW set, replacing old Rados bases on snow playfields; includes renewed, revamped and also completely new bases.
- Added: Lava Processing Facilities on Lava Planets
- Updated: Orbital Trading Station (Variant4 TSO)
- Updated crashed Titan POI
- Added new orbital structures:
*Hideout, Base, Black Market, Slave Market for further use with future Pirates Faction addition; For now assigned to Polaris)
* Mining Bases, Alloy Synthesis Factories, Artifact Sites and more
- Updated: Talon Temple
- Added: Planet Remnant asteroid site
> An enormous "Thank you" to: Vermillion, Fractalite, ravien_ff, Dinkelsen, Frigidman, Needleship & Ramachandra
- Sector map: setting color of planets now as a combination of AtmospherColor and LightHorizonColor color
- Entering a planet now creates the terrain immediately without showing intermediate results
- Tuned water shader a bit: using less local fog to give the water more its 'real' color
- Space: slightly increased light intensity
- Adjusted water parameters to use more specular again to reflect the sky stronger. Adjusted waves slightly
- Removed space fog in space playfields. Please give feedback if you miss it and want it back (maybe turned down a bit)
- Ground blast particles of ships are more transparent now
- Improved visuals of some sun flares (SunFlareYellow and SunFlarePurple)
- Added PentaxidOre as alternative template to Advanced Constructor to open up an additional (although costly) path to produce PentaxidOre ( in late game phase)
- Added "NoShieldReload" property for Shields per POI in playfield.yaml: setting this property will not load the shields after getting them down any more
- Allow removing of structure's lock codes and device grouping in Control Panel
- When a player opens CP or a container it will now set this structure to 'visited/touched' delaying any wipe
- Updated Alien and Snow playfields
- Activated better UDP delay detecting
- Forcing now half texture resolution if the system has less than 10 GB of main memory (before 8 GB)
- Added console cmd 'structure' to manage structure internals
- Added new armored windows + railings
- Keeping the latest three input config files to allow switching between Public and EXP branches without losing the setup
- Added max size detecting when trying to spawn a blueprint to avoid too heavy server network load (max file size=3MB)
- Adjusted max blueprint size detecting: now only done when a CLIENT wants to spawn a blueprint
- Mask typical swear words and the name "Eleon" as part of a non-official server name
- Config files TraderNPCConfig, EGroupsConfig and DefReputation are now read from the scenario folder if they exist (else the default folder is used as before) - note: check if you already placed such files in scenarios and if they are up to date
Updated Scenario “Invader vs Defender” (by RexXxuS):
"The Golden Phoenix Asteroid Field grants many treasures at a hot price"
Since it's a new Universe with new logic it is now called "Invader vs Defender II".
Some highlights (still wip):
- new meticulous created Universe with smooth transition from PvE to PvP (hier das Golden Phoenix Bild einfügen)
- a lot of PvE content and great boost for PvP in the center
- Origins have more impact on your gameplay now
- More (PDA) Missions to play
- Base attacks set to OFF in the difficulty setting is not working & attacks are still triggered
- Repair console UI does not update the needed resources until exiting & re-entering the console
- Possible fix for showing "Connection lost" dialog when changing worlds
- Not all shutters flowing O2 (1x3, 1x4 & 1x5)
- Multiple block types (concrete, steel etc) when picked up from SI drops are not put into the correct block groups
- Cockpit 8 - single hit removes almost all of the cockpit
- Drones and Troop Transport set to player faction after Drone Base Capture
- [Edge case] Drilled out terrain returning after loading back into save game
- Structures not getting DSL'ed on startup of a game
- Asteroids rendering issue
- Water appears in bases placed closed to lakes when player returns from being 5km+ away from a base
- Possible to damage other players BA or Vessel shield in PvE playfield
- Lava flickering
- Zirax troops sometimes not firing on player despite being hostile
- Zirax patrols are not present on Arid starting planet
- [SSG] Directory not found exception
- Returning to a structure that has lights setup to blink can result in some lights appearing on when they should be off
- More relaxed times for 'UDP delay detection' to avoid "connection lost" popups
- Drilling particles did not get correctly lit
- Fixed jumping animation was not working for other player in MP games
- Possible to place blocks in the center of a warp drive
- Player looked into wrong direction on some angles when using jetpack in space
- In MP other players did not look up/down correctly
- Using Auto level in a vessel can cause the thrusters of a vessel to get stuck switching quickly between 2 directions
- [MP] Vessel exploit
- Not possible to place a symmetry plane or place the selection area on a structure when the building tools window is open
- On screen Soft Cursor cannot be used until the controllers Right stick has been pressed/'Clicked'
- Oxygen death after melee death gives wrong message
- Fix for showing blank screen after warping when deleting cache on server side
- Fix Sector Warp Lock reticule text overlap
- Telluropod & Desert golem sometimes do not damage the player when attacking
- Drill Animation sometimes not stopping
- POI found to always be floating above terrain & is offset from center in BP preview
- Fixed 'Start' button on controller as ESC not working in all windows
- Scrolling stops working in 1 faction window when switching to a faction window with no scrolling option & back
- Dark stretching on 3D representation of planets close the poles
- Troop transports sometimes freeze above where they should land until reloading back into the save game
- Moon playfield has atmosphere until 'Terrain LOD' kicks in when getting closer to the moon
- [SELECTION BUILD TOOL] LCD screen text or symbols not maintained when copy & pasting screen
- [SELECTION BUILD TOOL] NPC settings for NPC-Spawners as well as motion sensor / light barrier areas not maintained
- [Player report] Troop transport is triggered every time when returning from orbit to planet-side base
- 'struct remove-device-signals' command not resetting removed circuit signals
- Water appears in bases placed closed to lakes when player returns from being 5km+ away from a base
- Polaris mission - Privacy matters waypoint not activating on mini map or planet map
- 'Reset to Defaults' option should only reset selected 'Input'.
- Turret Barrels Protruding from Block
- Plants, rocks & trees don't get removed for players who are far away from where they have been removed
- POI found to always be floating above terrain & is offset from center in BP preview
- Planet terrain in the map view loses detail & goes dark after changing from a moon playfield to a planet playfield
- Fixed texture view in SSG
- Outputting to log when a player spawned a blueprint in MP
- Xbox Controller: Weapons won't react to left & right triggers on first load until they are fired by a mouse button first
- Xbox Controller: Radial menus will not open for controllers on first load into a save game until they are used by a mouse
- Xbox Controller: Mounted weapons & Turrets cannot be fired from the controller until LMB on the mouse is used 1 time
- Issue with origin & sensors
- Symmetry & Copy & paste modes are both not functioning
- Warp lines turn back on after being turned off when the sector map is reopened
- Fixed: Positioning of "static" checkbox for NPC spawners
- Controller/mouse UI checks fixes
- Blocks can be placed when selecting a block shape
- Vessel speed is not maintained after warping when moving into a sector you have not been before
- Unable go back to main menu after pressing escape when trying to bind a key
- The "Fill all" ammo option when the ammo container is connected causes the client to crash
- Space Vessel : after resuming some games, the vessel head to the coordinates 0,0,0)
- Problem that mission "Totally overpowered" was not possible on LavaNascent playfield since some POIs did not spawn
- Left & right bumper for 'Common controls' to roll left or right when the jetpack is on whilst in space doesn't work
- Spawner plates set to 'static' ignore power state, sensor logicCD)
- Device names appear wrong after opening the control panel
- 'Teleporting...' disappeared when the target world was not yet generated
- Players getting damaged when teleporting and the target world needed to be generated
- Talon base attack UI on planets with no talon shows values above 0
- MP: Player vessels markers on the map go out of sync when 1 player moves far away from another
- Allow building mode to switch between toolbars
- MP: when turrets are trying to track & fire at a target the barrels aim in other directions
- MP: Exceptions from flying around a planet coming from map icons
- Constructor continues to put crafted items in assigned container even if it has been removed (losing those items)
- Planets and moons with an atmosphere but no clouds will still show clouds when viewed from the planet's surface
- Exception when text spanning more than one line in projectors if size is 90 or above
- MP: Desync issues with clients when returning from distance away from another player
- When viewed from a planet's surface, clouds on moons don't display correctly under certain circumstances
- LCD Projector: CoQ when adding and removing Sprites
- LCD Projector: Adding Sprites in a row longer than the display will break the line-break and cursor position in preview window
- MP: Desync issues with clients when returning from distance away from another player (FIX FOR DECO)
- Whatever DefReputation.ecf file is loaded in first, will override any other DefReputation.ecf file
- Exception loop from Troop transporter when it is returning to the Drone base
- Exception triggered when crafting a T3 Auto mining device
- Exception triggered by o2 calculation
- Stiff, slightly twitchy grass during weather transitions
- "Weather: RainMedium" resulting in very visible 'scan line' artifacts on grass
- Fixed: Several internal exceptions
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha 10.1 with more improvements and bug fixes.
Eleon Game Studios releases "Alpha Experimental 10 - Release Candidate" with more accurate O2 calculation, thin ventilator block and many more improvements...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (6 agree) 8/10
Excellent sci-fi survival that is quite polished and fun even at this stage of Early Access. I hope they will concentrate on single player aswell, since i have no interests in multiplayer.
Jun 7 2017 by LW-Games