The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
Dominions 3 Demo (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : General Discussion : Dominions 3 Demo) Post Reply
Thread Options
Dec 20 2012 Anchor

It seems that my esteemed colleague Calahan accidentally made the previous demo thread undeditable, so the thread has been deleted in order to replace it. (Sorry about that - Calahan)

Word on the Dominions grapevine is that the demo will be appearing for download on Desura in the near future.

In the meantime, you can download the demo from Illwinter.com
Here are the direct links to the demo files for the various versions.

The demo is limited to level 4 (out of 9) magical research, only a few nations out of the roughly 70 total and there is a turn limit that is still high enough to give a good feel for the game. Try it out!

Please post if you have any problems downloading or running the demos.

Edited by: Calahan.

Dec 20 2012 Anchor

If you wish to play demo games with your buddies, there are open demo games on Dom3Minions.com

Dec 17 2013 Anchor

how do I get the media for dom3? The free DL on desura is the demo. It appears the demo is a different program, and cannot be transformed by a CD key,

I bought dom3 from shrapnel, but can't find anywhere to redownload the game.

I have a CD key for dom3 (via my manual) but my install disc is missing. I even have my dom2 disc.neither steam nor desura seems to like the key I have (all numbers) for an add on.

I even bought dom4 (via GG, it was on sale there)

Do I have any good options other than waiting for it to go on sale again? 5$ for a game I already own is one thing, but 20$ seems inappropriate. I'm close enough to poor I can't justify that.

Thanks for all replies.

a kind soul dropboxed the installer for me. So all is good. thanks.

Dec 18 2013 Anchor

On Desura if you go to "play the game" and ignore the big buttons that want you to buy it, there should be a download link for patches

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.