Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea, and all contact with them is lost when the North Korean government quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of nanotech-suited Delta Force operatives, and tensions quickly rise to boiling point. But when a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island, generating an immense force sphere that freezes a vast portion of the area, the two warring factions must unite, fighting epic battles through tropical jungle, flash-frozen wastes, and finally in the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate zero-G showdown.
EA has released the first patch for Crysis which brings it to version 1.1. It contains many fixes and updates for the game.
* Damage dealt to vehicles when shot by LAW has been made consistent
* F12 (screenshot) now works in restricted mode as well
* When player melees during gun raise animation, their gun will not be in a permanently raised position anymore
* Memory leaks and potential crashes
* Improved SLI / Crossfire support and performance
* Improved overall rendering performance (DX9 and DX10)
* Enabled VSync functionality in D3D10
* Reduced grenade explosion radius in multiplayer
* Clamped water tessellation to avoid cheating in MP
* Reduced LAW splash damage vs. infantry in PowerStruggle mode
* Slowed Rocket projectile speed down in MP slightly