We know many (not all) of you have waited very patiently for this update and we believe it was well worth it! Because of your patience we made a special effort to add in the crossbow to go along with it. Pioneer Express (Hunted) is just the start as we begin to release more content.
"Early Access" Build 4607 - Changelog:
- Added new map "Pioneer Express" (WIP)
- Added new train car "Dining Car" for Pioneer Express
- Added Crossbow back! WIP animations also lacks sounds for now
- Added Crossbow to Pioneer and Cyprus Hunted maps
- Improved Zombie Player Melee Attack Net-Code
- Added new vent-system to Roanoke to aid zombie spawning and moving around the map
- Added blood effects/layering to melee weapons (WIP)
- Fixed glass breaking sounds (WIP)
- Added vent glow to the Zombie Vision
- Added Zombie exclusive ladder texture (WIP)
- Optimised engine and player code
- Optimised shader code for phong shading on props
- Fixed zombies not being able to jump when on fire
- Adjusted Zombie Jump delay when taking damage
- Fixed crashing on new round on CH_AuroraEstates
- Fixed Zombie Roar sound and feature improving the feature
- Fixed bulletproof glass so it's actually bulletproof
- Lowered the large number of retries for connecting servers that are down/blocked
- Added Wrench weapon glowing
- Adjustments to spawn code to stop zombies spawning in the floor
- The Kickstarter Timed Exclusive is over and so the Pocket Light is now available to all
- Updated Monochrome Site's Team Page
It's important to remember that everything Contagion is still WIP as we continue to work towards our Full Release date of April 11th and will as we said will be pouring in with more communication and sharing of work being added to the priority list and Joe Henson our new PR guy will make sure to prod me to provide all that is necessary so that we won't be distracted from the work!
We will be releasing Barlowe and the maps game-modes soon after (important to remember that Hunted releases first because it's the foundation we build off and allows us to release the following game-modes rather quicker while not depriving you of the new content).
We have plenty more to come and would like to again thank you all for your respect, patience, and insane amount of support! While we can't make everyone happy we will be doing our best to release a great game most will love and have you guys to thank! More to come!