Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle is an indie RPG roguelike, with a retro graphic style and a terrible sense of humour. The game takes place in a series of ever descending randomly generated dungeon floors, packed full of monsters to slaughter and loot to pillage. The game plays like a traditional roguelike, but with a clean UI, a slick, action orientated combat system, and a massive range of enemy types, skills, gear and room designs. With features like crafting, skill trees, characters development, and just-one-more-room style gameplay, Claustrophobia is a love letter to traditional RPG rougelikes. Create your ideal hero, build your own custom class, then set out on your quest for glory, slaughter, and anything shiny!

Forum Thread
1.1.4.1 Bugs (Games : Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle : Forum : Bug Report : 1.1.4.1 Bugs) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 25 2014 Anchor

Hello here are the bugs i could list so far :

-spawning in room with no door (no big deal)

-numpad doesent always trigger attack when you activate active skills then use the numpad key to hit. you have then to right click on the mob so the skill hit.
(which means sometimes when you activate a skill the keys of numpad 1/2/3/4/6/7/8/9 wont trigger the hit you have to take mouse then click mob which is really anoying and time consuming when you play with shortcuts only and almost no mouse except for shops and crafting)

-numpad sometime stuck and dont trigger moving action aswell (no debuff or trap triggered) : i have to use mouse to move one time then it unstuck the numpad.

-pathfinding : can't be canceled when triggered and should be since in some level it will make you jump into some monsters with no intent.
(fix it or change it :p )

-level generation seems a bit weird compared to previous versions , the room are messy and the connections of corridors seems very wrong , ruins a bit the experience while exploring.

-lot of rooms badly connected , and loose the feeling of exploring rooms and corridors , seems more like messy tiny rooms now with messy tiny corridors.
(not a bug but had to share the feeling , developper will understand what i mean)

-3 shops next to each ones randomly spawned (i was happy but looks not very realistic)

- hero level / monster level and items levels a bit unbalanced and difficult thu the 5fth floor. too low or too high , sometimes well balanced but sometimes goes wrong

-character level / floor level / weapon level / unbalanced you find too much high items for your level while encountering too high monsters levels for you

-Saving / loading : sometimes when i reload game items that didnt existed spawn in some tiles of the actual level (free loot)
ps : i love the game actually even with those bugs . keep up the good work thanks for reading me devs =)

Edited by: bwark

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.