Take control of any one of "The Chosen" -- four extraordinary characters who inhabit a dark near-future world reminiscent of Blade Runner and The Crow. Become Caleb, the vicious protagonist from the original Blood, his cold-blooded love Ophelia, the ruthless Ishmael, or the unrelenting warrior Gabriela. Blood 2’s weapons let you kill and be killed in more ways than any other 3D action game. Burn, electrocute, shoot, stab, voodoo, blow up, slowly dismember, or flay the skin from your opposition, and expect the same treatment right back!
Blood II - The Chosen Widescreen Patch by Wobak 21.06.2014This is Version 2 of the patch. It makes the game work without any stretching regardless of the aspect ratio.
Blood II - The Chosen Widescreen Patch
by Wobak 21.06.2014
This is Version 2 of the patch. It makes the game work without any stretching regardless of the aspect ratio.
-The FOV is Hor+ (the larger the aspect ratio, the more is seen) and can also be set manually.
-The menu backgrounds, loadingscreens and splashscreen scale correctly and dont stretch.
-The crosshairs scale with the screen resolution.
-The cutscenes are anamorphic (they zoom in so that the original aspect is kept).
1. Put the "WidescreenPatch.rez" and "WidescreenPatchNm.rez" files in the "Custom" folder in the
Blood 2 Installation directory.
2. Run the launcher, click on "Display", choose your resolution and click "OK".
3. Click on "Customize", select either "WidescreenPatch.rez" for Blood 2 or "WidescreenPatchNm.rez
for the Nightmare Levels and "and click on "Add". Whenever you enable and disable the Nightmare Levels
you have to add the right patch and remove the other one.
4. Make sure that "Always load these rez files" is enabled
5. Click "OK" and start the game.
Enjoy the game!
Setting the FOV:
If you want to set the horizontal FOV to another value than the automatically calculated one:
1. Run the launcher and click on "Advanced"
2. Write „+FovX "value"„ in the command line field (without the outer quotes).
3. Make sure that "Always pass these command-line parameters" is checked and click "OK".
-The menu items dont scale. It is impossible to scale them because they are drawn directly to the screen,
unlike the bitmaps.
-The character creator looks weird. This is because this menu is a mix of background elements which have
been scaled properly and control elements that cant be scaled.
Version 2 - 21.06.2014:
-fixed incorrect FOV of Orb when using alternative fire.
Version 1 - 26.03.2014:
Thanks to Monolith and Gametoast.
If you encounter bugs or have problems either post in the Releasethread: Wsgf.org
or write an e-mail at WobakJ[at]Web.de