Annex: Conquer the World 4.0, a freeware strategy game for Windows, Linux and and OSX is having is finally here, and is worth the wait!
Boasting nearly twice the game content: New armies, new modes of play, new maps, new tilesets, and much more refined gameplay, Annex 4.0 will seem more like a completely new game!
THE TIME HAS COME!! Annex: Conquer the World, a freeware strategy game for Windows, Linux and and OSX powered machines is having its biggest update ever! 4.0 includes two new unique armies: the Alliance Renegades and NEO Republic, along with updates of the previous East Ocean Alliance and the Shadow Organization, 30 technology tree options, all new maps and scenarios, a new soundtrack, new sounds and voices, and new units to choose from! As of release 4.0 the game is now FOSS licensed!
Latest gameplay video:
Conquer the World is an anime themed real time strategy game that brings fast paced combat with a diverse arsenal. Play as one of four factions: The East Ocean Alliance, the NEO Republic, the Shadow Organization, or the Renegades as they struggle for dominance all over the world, competing for a priceless red mineral. The game now contains 4 factions, over 30 tech trees, original maps, and tileset. Built using open source RTS MegaGlest, the focus of the game is multi-player and single-player skirmishes. However there are also scripted scenarios/missions!
- 2 New Factions: Alliance Renegades and NEO Republic
- New Shadow Organization units: Vixen (hero) and Sentinel
- New Tilesets: Apocylapse, Metropolitian, Overcast, Brightland, and Outland
- Increased Level cap, unit re-balancing and refined gameplay.
- New Technology tree options: Simple Battle, Simple Deployed, Ready for War, and Insanity.
- All Technology trees now have a (D) Double Damage or (H) Half Damage variation.
- Improved graphics, lighting, and particle effects
- Save + load game feature
- New maps and scenarios
- New soundtrack, voice overs and sound effects
- FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) license
- Official Installers for Windows and Linux systems
Compressed Game Files: Linux 64
Linux Install Instructions:
After downloading the installer package, you need to make it executable. Use your file manager/browser to browse to the directory containing the downloaded file. Right-click the file, select the option to inspect and change this files' properties/permissions, and make the file executable by its owner. Now double-click the file to execute it.
The graphical installer will show up and display the Annex license. Install the game into your home directory (default location) or a location of your choice (within the boundaries of where your Linux user may write to, so probably anywhere below your home directory only). Once the installer completes, a Annex starter/shortcut will show up on your window managers' application menu.
If game still does not work, please consult this Troubleshooting FAQ for all MegaGlest based games: