Alien Arena 7.52 has been released, and while it was a long wait, we think you'll find it was worth being patient. The new version boasts a host of new and updated content as well as a new stats account system, renderer updates/improvements/bugfixes, and a new game mode, Insta-Rockets. Four brand new levels have been introduced, as well as a new violator model, updated player skins with glow effects, all new powerup models(including the new megahealth!), and updates to a variety of other skins and textures.
Some of the new features include:
- Many new models and textures
- Four exciting new levels
- Vegetation shadowmapping
- Account system for stats
- Improved stats algorithms
- Various improved effects
- Decoupled renderer from client frame code
- Variety of bug fixes and code cleansing
- Changes to the bot code and anti-camp
- New Insta-Rockets game mode
- Mouse input code cleaned up
- IQM Version 2 support
Here are some screenshots of Alien Arena 7.52!
For a complete changelog see THIS