Yes, for those of you that didn't already figure it out, Wars of Steven Universe was an April Fools joke! This team is here to stay, whether you like us or not. That said, if you did run your updater yesterday you may have noticed that there was a real update available: The Caribbean Update, featuring the Haitian civilization!
Along with numerous bugfixes and some new voicesets, the Caribbean patch brings with it the Civilization of Revolution: the Haitians! If you haven't already, run your updater and get online to test out this new civ!
Rule through Revolution
Leader: Emperor Faustin I
Home City: Port-au-Prince
- Expansive Empire. The further away your military units are from your Town Center, the stronger they are. This bonus does not stack, so it will only work with the closest Town Center.
- Poverty. The cheapest age-up option is even cheaper and slower than usual. Conversely, the most expensive is even more expensive and faster.
- Rule through Revolution. Each age, the Haitians have access to a revolutionary politician; a new set of presidents to rule your empire. They are more expensive than other politicians, but research extremely quickly and bring powerful military advantages.
Units & Buildings:
- Sevite: Unique villager. Works as a normal villager, with the exception that instead of dying, they collapse.
- Affranchi: Coronel with new texture and new name.
- Picket: Conscript counterpart. It's large line-of-sight makes it useful for penetrating deep into enemy territory.
- Caco: Escopetero counterpart. Has a bonus against villagers in Melee.
- Voodoo Monument: the Haitian unique building is an unassuming landmark with the powerful ability to convert enemy units to your cause.
Also included in the patch:
- Numerous new voicesets including unique Peruvian, American, and Bulgarian voices. Special shoutouts go to Condor, Iron Kaiser, and GideonAI for providing these!
- Even more improved AI thanks to AlistairJah!
- Numerous bugfixes, especially focused on cheese revealed in the ongoing tournament. Full changelog coming soon!
Feel free to discuss the patch here and, in the meantime, we'll see you on the battlefield!
⛵ 🇭🇹 ⛵