3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game. All terrain, enemies, weapons, items, quests & more are uniquely generated. You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?

Forum Thread
3089 now on Steam Greenlight (Games : 3089 : Forum : Annoucements : 3089 now on Steam Greenlight) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 29 2013 Anchor

Please support 3089 on Steam Greenlight & thank you!

Aug 29 2013 Anchor

Just voted for it Phr00t. Steam needs to support more games like yours, they're so unique and fun, unlike some of the games that get on steam without going through greenlight... *cough* Cranky Cat *cough*.

Aug 29 2013 Anchor

Ha, well said Bleeder138 :)

Aug 30 2013 Anchor

If the game passes the Greenlight selection, will people who bought 3089 before be given Steam keys to have the game also on steam?

Edited by: Tamaster

Aug 30 2013 Anchor

To the best of my ability, yes. I'm hoping Steam will provide some tools to make it easier to get you guys keys, but anyone who wants a Steam key who has 3089 already, I'll get them a Steam key.

Aug 31 2013 Anchor

Wewt, congrats on getting on Greenlight - I'll be spamming all of my friends' inboxes asking them to support it.

Steam integration would make it so much easier to find MP games, share screenshots, talk content and do all those other things which 3089 invites so well with it's amazing worlds - and, of course the wider market is always a good thing for you Phr00t, you deserve to sell tens of thousands of copies after all the work you've put into this game making it so inviting :D

Sep 3 2013 Anchor

and if people figure out how to mod this thing, we got Steam Workshop to look forward to. :idea:

Sep 5 2013 Anchor

Bleeder138 wrote: and if people figure out how to mod this thing, we got Steam Workshop to look forward to. :idea:

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be quite that simple - at the moment, modding would involve base class edits for anything major (that is, any new content beyond re-skins, new sounds playing for existing events etc.). Such mods would conflict with each other, so a mod loader is practically out of the question, unless some really brainy 3089 players make something similar to Minecaraft's Forge modding platform which would have a very robust hooking system to allow new classes to work with/as part of existing classes. Without a mod loader, Workshop is pretty much impossible to access, and I don't see a huge number of java-profficient modders in the community at this stage (hopefully Steam release would change that...).

It would be an ideal future for the game, but would require a LOT of interested people to be viable. That said, I really hope we get that interest :)

Also, I know jack all about coding so I've probably confused some terms/ideas here - everything comes from Forge discussions in the Minecraft Forum which have spawned in relation to a couple of MC mods I use :P

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.