Forum Thread
X32I - Redemption seeking Members, (Cryengine 2 Space Simulator ala Freespace 2) (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : X32I - Redemption seeking Members, (Cryengine 2 Space Simulator ala Freespace 2) ) Locked
Thread Options
SirBaron
SirBaron Vertical Horizons Software
Mar 29 2009 Anchor

X32I and background:

For those unfamilliar with X32I it was already a Crysis mod in the past and a fairly popular one, but based on a 4 man skirmish onto a alien world X32I. However I've decided to restart my fictional sci-fi universe, and make a space simulator game similar in style to Freespace 2.

Story wrote: Space.

It all seemed like a dream, a future, a mystery.

Little did we know what was truly to come...

In the autumn of 2012, the United States military, in combination with NASA and several European space agencies, perfected the wormhole technology; a system of transporting vast amounts of goods, across immense distances, almost instantaneously.

Originally thought to be a possible respite from the terrorism and problems which plagued our homeworld, the USA kept this discovery secret from the other partner countries, hoping to find a new dawn, a new hope.

Using a series of natural phenomena, the USA began sending out probes, opening new portals, masked by periods of solar activity or other stellar occurences. However the results were not what the US government and scientists were expecting. Regardless of the calculations involved, regardless of the changes that should have made a difference, the final results were always, inexplicably, the same.

Every single probe returned results of the same body, the lost planet that would come to be known as X32I.

Eventually, as the scientists became more and more aware of what lay behind the wormhole, a manned space mission was planned.
This was launched in 2031, dubbed Operation Archimaedes. As far as the US military and government were concerned, it was a great success; humanity had made it's first true steps into the stars. By 2045 a space station lay in orbit of X32I, the US Amura, with the mandate to explore and understand the nature of the planet before them.
From this planet, the technologies and histories of an ancient race, known by scientists only as "race Alpha", began to be exhumed. This led to miraculous developments in both technology and also understanding, but for the notion of public order these advances and discoveries were kept purely behind closed doors, leaked slowly to the rest of humanity, much like microwave and computer technology had been only a century previously.

However, despite their best intentions, and the most covert research, the USA was not the only country in development of wormhole technology; European countries involved in the original research, yet not privy to the results, began to experiment with thier own data, whilst the Asian superpowers used technology, both stolen and internally developed, for the same purposes.

War was inevitable.

World War III finally erupted in the year 2067, sparked off by the unprovoked destruction of the Amura station. It culminated in the creation of the United Earth Alliance in 2071, a cross continental coalition of like-minded countries, born from the remnants of the now-dead European Union, along with the remaining American states. The west coast of America no longer existed, the result of a cross continental barrage of missile developed from technologies the Asian powers had stolen and created from their own missions to X32I.

Presented with the very real possibility of human extinction, the UEA council, led by Chancellor Garius Broadhall, forged the Atlantic-Asian Peace Concord; a treaty designed to prevent further hostilities, and intended to open the doors to a new era of peace and understanding.

*dramatic pause*
If only it had worked that way...

My name is David Greenhall, a son of the UEA. My family were originally descended from English and German blood, but none of that matters anymore. For the last 20 years, hostilities and tensions have slowly risen between the UEA and the remaining Asian and African powers, caused by needless bickering between member states and old racial hatreds, combined with the usual beareautcratic inadequacies, and inflamed by the constant raids sponsored by these states on our territories on X32I.

The time has come to claim X32I once and for all, to end the cycle that has plagued humanity since its discovery. To evolve.

May God commit this day forever to history, for it is the day that humanity will begin anew...

*Computer Voice*

The last recorded vox-log of David Greenhall, United Earth Alliance Naval Corps, dated 31st December 2144.

*Static*"

X32I planned Features:

• Cutting edge visuals pushing the Cryengine 2 to it's limits
  • The whole game is based around one story, and I aim for this to be the highest point
  • Custom music by Gareth Coker, who has done a lot of music for many projects and can produce some amazing songs
  • Large fleet battles, to nebula patrols, to trying to escape a fleet in a asteroid field the game will be highly varied
  • A sci-fi fans wet dream :p

Image:

Development is still very early, however the below media is real time, and only from 1 weeks worth of work.

Nebula backgrounds

Taking out a battleship

Hopefully you guys will be able to join the team and make this game not only the best visual sci-fi space simulator ever released, but a game people will fondly remember for time to come.

Members Needed:

Here is some people I am looking for currently.

• Modellers
    • Texturers
    • Concept Artists

Modellers:

Usuage of 3DS max 2008 or greater is required, also XSI is supported, or if the object is able to be imported into 3DS max without issues.

You will be creating stuff from, huge carrier space ships, to battleships, and tiny fighter ships. You may be required to create planets, and various space objects too, asteroids etc

Texturers:

Knowledge of 3DS max isn't required but will make texturing objects easier.

You will basically create textures for the ships, and other objects. From the diffuse textures, to the normal and specular mapping.

Concept Artist:

You will be creating the ships desings, so that the modeller has a point of referance to work from. Also you will be required to create "background assets" so that there is a background for each level such as nebula clouds. Though stuff like planets will be real time rendered.

Lua Scripter / C++:

You will be creating scripts so that the ships are flyable or creating their AI. While the C++ will be tasked with making new features work within the game.

Perks to joining the team:

* 10GB of FTP Space on the X32I Server for X32I use, and personal use, stick anything on their you want as long as it's legal.
      * a X32I Team Email
      * After the 3rd month of probation is over you will recieve a free copy of Crysis and Crysis Warhead, paid by me. If you already own that game or want another game at the same price for whatever reason, we can work something out.
      * Your name will obviously be in the credits plus any released media you was involved with. For example a concept art will have the X32I logo and also the concept artists name, so that your name will be helped spread around, help me, help you :D.

I hope you can help. :)

There is probably stuff I forgot so if you have any questions PM, or post in this thread and I will answer them as best as I can.

Edited by: SirBaron

Squiggers
Squiggers I'm British, you Muppet.
Mar 29 2009 Anchor

Hmm, once I get my skill up with doing skyboxes, as I have no idea how to do them, I'll probably be contacting you in a few weeks. ;)

SirBaron
Apr 2 2009 Anchor

Hmmm forgot to link to the moddb of X32I. :bleh:

Moddb.com

Positions updated too.

Just to update on the team status.

It currently costists of

• SirBaron - Lead Developer/Game designer/Cinematic Lead
  • Tyranuus - Writer
  • Ozziebloke - Sound editing/Voice Actor
  • Swamy - Concept Artist/Modellers (Plus he's getting more concept artists)
  • reiro - Modeller/Texturer
  • Black Rainbow - Flowgrapher/Level Designer
  • Chipstik - Modeller
  • Gareth Coker - Music Composer

As you can see the team is growing fast, and soon we're going to revive the long dead Space Genre and return it to it's former glory.

If you're interested please contact me, on MSN sharpshooter935@msn.com or join up to X32i.org and send me a PM

Jun 4 2009 Anchor

This is interesting.....just went through your forum and i believe this project will really go far...will be contacting you soon..

SirBaron
Jun 5 2009 Anchor

Ok updated the original thread with what we need now, didn't realise this thread was going to get bumped as it was lost in the depths of the forum :p.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.